+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashley's plan

Ashley's plan

Maybe he has been told / realised that £200m is the value of the club ( not the £300m he wants), so by not spending and going down he will still get around £200m for us in the chimpo... Why spend £20m+ to keep us up for no return?

If he’s struggling to get a buyer in the Prem it’ll not happen in the championship even at 1/3 off given that he’ll flog Dubravka, Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey, Le Jeune, Fernandez, Schar, Clark (pocket it) and we’ll be left with a skeleton squad and no chance of a return.
    The financial return would be multi millions more for staying in the prem and the higher you go the more money you get. As per last season £123m for finishing 10th and let’s not forget the other £20m+ profit in the summer transfer window. He’s started taking money to repay the supposed loans ‘cough’ (which he’s admitted to) so given his logic the more coming in he can take more out. He’ll buy feck all in Jan but in early Jan will splash £70m on buying Debenhams just like he did with HOF after the summer window ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    If he’s struggling to get a buyer in the Prem it’ll not happen in the championship even at 1/3 off given that he’ll flog Dubravka, Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey, Le Jeune, Fernandez, Schar, Clark (pocket it) and we’ll be left with a skeleton squad and no chance of a return.
    The financial return would be multi millions more for staying in the prem and the higher you go the more money you get. As per last season £123m for finishing 10th and let’s not forget the other £20m+ profit in the summer transfer window. He’s started taking money to repay the supposed loans ‘cough’ (which he’s admitted to) so given his logic the more coming in he can take more out. He’ll buy feck all in Jan but in early Jan will splash £70m on buying Debenhams just like he did with HOF after the summer window ended.
    Yeah I agree .. Just trying to second guess the lunatic that owns our club .
    If it's an almost done deal at C£200m he may well be vindictive and let us go down by no investment ... If he spends I reckon no deal is anywhere near and he wants the sky bucks next season ..if no spend I think a deal is almost done and he doesn't care less if we survive

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Maybe he has been told / realised that £200m is the value of the club ( not the £300m he wants), so by not spending and going down he will still get around £200m for us in the chimpo... Why spend £20m+ to keep us up for no return?
    I said something similar last year when the Staveley saga was going on and they were haggling over the price.

Remember the fat tw at that owns us is a gambler
    He will not spend and gamble we stay up pocket the sky money then sell for a reduced price.
    So he sells for £200 M+sky money
    Or £300M it’s the same really

The bigger question is does he really want to sell???
    Does he need the cash?.....,.NO
    Is it costing him money?.......NO
    is owning NUFC harming his other business interests?...,......Hopefully (this is the only chink in his armour

No players in after this window we need to ramp up the demonstrations not only on sports neglect but house of Fraser and Debenhams!

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I said something similar last year when the Staveley saga was going on and they were haggling over the price.

Remember the fat tw at that owns us is a gambler
    He will not spend and gamble we stay up pocket the sky money then sell for a reduced price.
    So he sells for £200 M+sky money
    Or £300M it’s the same really

The bigger question is does he really want to sell???
    Does he need the cash?.....,.NO
    Is it costing him money?.......NO
    is owning NUFC harming his other business interests?...,......Hopefully (this is the only chink in his armour

No players in after this window we need to ramp up the demonstrations not only on sports neglect but house of Fraser and Debenhams!
    Not so long ago he was whinging Debenhams share price drop had cost him £85m .. They have dropped to less than half again .. So god knows how much he has lost .. They dropped 19% on Friday alone . HoF was reported as losing him £3m a week , and sports Neglect shares have tumbled also .
    He ain't as comfortable as he was and if we go down I can't see £100m being spent to guarantee an immediate return. Last time in the chimpo ,we had the 6th biggest wage bill including the premier , and it cost him an estimated £90m.. I just don't feel that money will be there this time .

I was thinking ages ago that he would probably gamble again by not buying players in Jan and hope to get a sale done before the end of the season it makes perfect sense with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    I was thinking ages ago that he would probably gamble again by not buying players in Jan and hope to get a sale done before the end of the season it makes perfect sense with him.
    A foreign loan player is my guess .. If I was Benitez I wouldn't even request this .. Let the ****er lose money by getting relegated .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Not so long ago he was whinging Debenhams share price drop had cost him £85m .. They have dropped to less than half again .. So god knows how much he has lost .. They dropped 19% on Friday alone . HoF was reported as losing him £3m a week , and sports Neglect shares have tumbled also .
    He ain't as comfortable as he was and if we go down I can't see £100m being spent to guarantee an immediate return. Last time in the chimpo ,we had the 6th biggest wage bill including the premier , and it cost him an estimated £90m.. I just don't feel that money will be there this time .
    I’m just reading in the paper that he has managed to oust 2 execs from the Debenhams board last week as he has 30% shares another 2/3 weeks and BANG he’ll buy it.

Best we can hope for will be like last season 2/3 in last day or two of the transfer window on loans (foreign) so he’s saved 2/3 weeks wages. God I hate the tw@t!

I thought this was going to be about Ashley's New Year weight loss plan. Garlic, Chip & Cheese Smoothies 8 times a day.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)