+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets face facts....the season is over!

Yep I agree TD, the approach hasn't worked - we've spent loads, loaned many although I think the idea of loaning players out for development is the right thing to do so it's only right that we take loanees in. Although our owners are wealthy there are very few wealthy businessmen willing to just throw money at a problem forever and a day.

That said - Wolves have gone up and done really well & generally speaking when you looks at stats of goals for and against there are fine lines between success & mediocrity.

Keep the faith!

With a really tough Feb fixture list coming up and not making the most of collecting wins against lower teams in the league we may as well admit it is over, even blues are above us!
    We are over reliant on Jack and Tammy. You wont achieve anything by drawing. If Tammy has a lean spell, god help us.
    What happened to the high tempo pressing football?
    Is the ghost of Bruce still there?

After much thinking and a lot of research into the situation I can officially conclude the reason we don't look like we get promoted is the same reason we don't win games.

Aston Villa are not a very good football team.

In addition to my research I have found that contrary to who is not a good football team - Liverpool, Bayern Munich and a number of other football teams are indeed good football teams.

You can't knock the research.

Went to Reading (sat in home crowd) and kept up a 90 minute sweary dialogue with myself as to how could we not be beating number 23 in the league, a week after struggling to beat 24. Is the high tempo pressing game all Deano's got? It wasn't there yesterday anyway so we had to fight a war of attrition with a very physical Reading side, terrible passing, losing possession 4 times out of 5, no shape, no link ups and no quality.
    Talks of selling Jack and McGinn are ridiculous unless you want the 3rd division again at VP. When we can start using the moneybags money we need to build a team around those guys, that is the future. Till then we're stuck in midtable mediocrity surviving on a couple of decent loaners like Tammy and Mings. Premier League? Yeah right.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. Play offs is a definite target now king Grealish is back. 4 points off Derby!

Erm, tonight might just be the season decider? Win and its on, lose and well, we will see!

Martin Oneill is having a sly dig at the villa fans ahead of this match. Saying the support at the moment at the city crowd is something he hasn't experienced.

Give us a wave you little specky git.

It'll be a goal to either side that decides it imo.

It's all about timing I think. Hause is getting better game by game and needed the run of games. However this unfortunately ment he looked shakey at first but we're now reaping the benefits of the January signings. Maybe not the keeper yet and that's been an issue for ages.
    Mings is a beast! Along with jacks return we have a chance.

Well said bongo, Mings n hause have really impressed me and no coincidence we’ve won 3 on bounce since jacks come back..

Still got a chance 👍

What do I know, huumm!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)