+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: False sense of security.

False sense of security.

I hope beyond hope that the board do not think these 3 wins on the bounce mean we do not need to strengthen in this window because we desperately need 2 or 3 quality additions to the squad to help the team to safety.
    I said before that they would not strengthen if we looked doomed and now I think they might because somehow we have given ourselves a fighting chance and the board should now back SD.Whatever happens,it will be touch and go but I still think we will be relegated.We now have 3 away games so I think we will be back to square one in the middle of February.
    In other words,come on Garlick show us the dosh.

The lads seem to be gathering belief again CiB, I honestly think Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham will go down, but we have no room whatsoever for complacency.

Looking at it practically, we need another quality wide man (Grosicki again?) and a really creative quality midfielder (Fulham's Cairney?),
    other than that I think we might survive this season and then have a right old clear out and a proper buy in come August.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The lads seem to be gathering belief again CiB, I honestly think Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham will go down, but we have no room whatsoever for complacency.

Looking at it practically, we need another quality wide man (Grosicki again?) and a really creative quality midfielder (Fulham's Cairney?),
    other than that I think we might survive this season and then have a right old clear out and a proper buy in come August.
    Do you think Fulham would sell Cairney?
    I would love to see Grosicski at the Turf.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I hope beyond hope that the board do not think these 3 wins on the bounce mean we do not need to strengthen in this window because we desperately need 2 or 3 quality additions to the squad to help the team to safety.
    I said before that they would not strengthen if we looked doomed and now I think they might because somehow we have given ourselves a fighting chance and the board should now back SD.Whatever happens,it will be touch and go but I still think we will be relegated.We now have 3 away games so I think we will be back to square one in the middle of February.
    In other words,come on Garlick show us the dosh.
    Our Board would take anything, for an excuse not to spend,....,.But Yes , You are Right !! ,...We Have at least now a Fighting chance,....And Our Board ,Must do their utmost , to Keep us Up,..............Without we may as well not bother!!

We are still awaiting our FIRST Transfer target ,....(If we had any targets in mind).....

So Yes, Very hit and miss ... With our Board ....

Serious question...where would you strengthen this team?

Heaton
    Bardsley, Tarks, (Mee or Gibson or Long), (Ward or Taylor)
    (JBG or Lennon), Cork, (Westwood or Hendrick or Defour), (McNeil or Brady)
    2 from Barnes, Wood, Vokes

GOALKEEPER - Happy
    DEFENCE - Happy
    MIDFIELD - before I saw McNeil I was hoping for a new speedy, tricky winger. But this is not so important now that we can call on McNeil, Brady, JBG and Lennon.
    I would like to see a new midfield enforcer, in the mould of Barton, but please don't ask me who.
    FORWARDS - Barnes/Wood are OK if they are given the ammo. An upgrade on these would cost us £££, who would you suggest we go for?

With the team finally getting back to last seasons levels I don't think we need to go overboard during this window.

However, we really need to look to the future - our squad is getting older - and it seems like we are looking at 19 year old Bogle from Derby who could be one for the future. This needs addressing in the Summer - let's hope we are still a Pre team by then. I reckon we will be, comfortably.

Well said 1959_60. The curse of the Europa League pushed us to our limits, thankfully we are getting back to the form that got us into Europe last season. We need to calm down or we will be qualifying again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    we are getting back to the form that got us into Europe last season. We need to calm down or we will be qualifying again.
    Be careful what gear you buy on street corners BT

I've only ever pushed it Alto, never used it! Proper mug's game is that one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)