Champs - I somehow deleted part of my reply. Here's the final bit.
I think your outrage with Benitez is over the top too. He simply did what virtually every manager does after a game: give a very one-eyed response. We all know he has no charm or social skills, but he was just using 'manager-speak'. One of the reasons I like Mowbray so much is that he generally isn't guilty of that kind of gibberish!
Finally, I think you have to distinguish between long-term moaning about everything, on the one hand and making critical comments about specific events in a particular game, on the other. It is not disloyal for Despair and I to say that Brereton had a poor game when we think he did!
As a matter of fact, I thought Armstrong was poor in this game too, despite his recent excellence. His goal was very well-taken, but it had a slight element of luck about it, in that it went through the keeper's legs. The two superb touches by Graham and Conway, and the timing of Armstrong's own run were really what made it such a good goal. He contributed very little else, and if you look at his work-rate in this match, compared to that of Bennett, Reed, Travis, Smallwood and Nyambe, it's chalk and cheese.
That doesn't mean I dislike Armstrong as a player. On Saturday, he might well have another top-notch game. It's just that I reserve the right to comment - honestly and objectively - on what I have seen in front of me ON THE DAY.