+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know...

Does anyone know...

... what the record attendance is for a club in 92nd place in the Football League?

I can't think many clubs would get over 15,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    ... what the record attendance is for a club in 92nd place in the Football League?

Except maybe on the last day of the season if they need to win to stay up. I haven't checked what teams like Brighton and Carlisle's attendances were when they performed their last day heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Except maybe on the last day of the season if they need to win to stay up. I haven't checked what teams like Brighton and Carlisle's attendances were when they performed their last day heroics.
    Brighton's best was 11,341 and Carlisle got 7,599 when they stayed up on the last day.

Brighton's best was 11,341 and Carlisle got 7,599 when they stayed up on the last day.
    Didn’t Burnley have a flirtation with relegation out of the Fl in the 80s

You could be onto something here Elite. It is about the only positive record we could possibly beat this season. The largest ever attendance for a club bottom of the football league? Some research would be required to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    You could be onto something here Elite. It is about the only positive record we could possibly beat this season. The largest ever attendance for a club bottom of the football league? Some research would be required to confirm this.
    Looks like piegonk could be right - Burnley got 15,696 on the final day of the 1986/87 season, and I think they were bottom of Division 4 before winning to stay in the league.

Looks like piegonk could be right - Burnley got 15,696 on the final day of the 1986/87 season, and I think they were bottom of Division 4 before winning to stay in the league.
    I remember the game as I was on a ferry coming back from France on a school trip with my mate who is a Burnley fan and we was listening to it on five live

Burnley were indeed bottom of the League as that match started. They overtook both Torquay and Lincoln, who went down, on the last day.

The attendance figure I found was slightly different at 15,781.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Burnley were indeed bottom of the League as that match started. They overtook both Torquay and Lincoln, who went down, on the last day.

The attendance figure I found was slightly different at 15,781.
    The bumper crowd obviously worked for them, as they were getting attendances in the 3,000s prior to that last game.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    The bumper crowd obviously worked for them, as they were getting attendances in the 3,000s prior to that last game.
    It was a few months after the ferry disaster when we went to France , 30 years ago geez . Time flies .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast