+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I think Warney will get it right and we'll stay up.

I think Warney will get it right and we'll stay up.

Yesterday we had 18 shots at goal, as opposed to Ipswich, who had three.However, we only had two on target and they had one from which they scored.Warney has assembled a very good team with little funds so far.We must now get in a crafty ,streetwise,quick striker to feed off Smithy.Whether we get someone on loan or buy him,if we are to stay up we need that player asap.We have some very good players and that missing piece in the jigsaw can turn us into a winning team.Once again we concede a goal down that right flank,if Jones is not fit we need to bring in a right back, because the rest of the defence is as good as it's been for a long time and we have no problems there, assuming we have no injuries.I have said before, funds must be made available for the manager to get this done.Although we lost to both Ipswich and Bolton, I still think we are a better team than both of them and Millwall is a target we must finish above, because they are also, are no better than us, on what I saw yesterday against Blackburn and also at the NYS when we played them.I can't see Reading stopping near the basement very long, so we have to win that four team mini league and with one or two additions we can do it. Come on you Mighty Reds !!

I agree that we can stay up and I don't think we're too far away.
    If we had an Ofoe quality midfielder on loan and a Dicko quality striker on loan we,d now be around 15th.
    We can still pull away from trouble be we need to sign players soon. If we don't score and convert those chances then it will be really difficult.
    We need to accumulate points soon because our last ten or so fixtures are tough ones

Get David Ball back and we have Vassell they may not be the answer but we don't have to spend and one night come off.

well a far so good we are not in the bottom 3 (yet) it's just dissapointing that we are losing to our relegation rivals (the teams we have most chance of beating)

We have some really hard games in March and April where I can see us slipping into the bottom three, it’s no ones fault we just don’t the quality other teams have.

Max effort from the players and a good team spirit will only get you so far in the league. If we do go down (highly likely) the we would need to replace the loan players Rodak, Towell, Raggett and Vyner. There’s also the possibility we could lose Vaulks and Ajayi if we go down so that’s a major rebuild project to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    We have some really hard games in March and April where I can see us slipping into the bottom three, it’s no ones fault we just don’t the quality other teams have.
    Max effort from the players and a good team spirit will only get you so far in the league. If we do go down (highly likely) the we would need to replace the loan players Rodak, Towell, Raggett and Vyner. There’s also the possibility we could lose Vaulks and Ajayi if we go down so that’s a major rebuild project to think about.
    Rebuild has already started with the signing of Matt Crooks.
    We have one eye on League 1 and the warnings were there weeks ago.
    Take 4th bottom now, just feel we will come up short in the games it matters, i.e. Brentford, Millwall.