+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Turley Departs

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  16.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  16.0 KB
    Fair play to him for staying positive, though. As the leader of an organisation you've got to do it, and it can't be easy. And you never know. I remember Shaun Derry stating he believed we would survive after we lost 0-6 to Rotherham a few years ago and I thought he was spitting in the wind, but he turned out to be right that season!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Fair play to him for staying positive, though. As the leader of an organisation you've got to do it, and it can't be easy. And you never know. I remember Shaun Derry stating he believed we would survive after we lost 0-6 to Rotherham a few years ago and I thought he was spitting in the wind, but he turned out to be right that season!

Not being funny, but this is no time for apologists. Look where we are with complacency from the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Not being funny, but this is no time for apologists. Look where we are with complacency from the likes of you.
    I don't see how I've been complacent. I pay my money to watch Notts County and I express opinions on this message board about the way the club is run, including criticism where I think it's deserved. I suppose what I don't do is focus ALL my criticism on the owner, because I recognise that success or failure usually comes from a complex set of factors in any organisation, especially a football club. I've adopted that approach ever since I first started supporting Notts. Indeed I recall Derek Pavis taking a fair amount of vitriol from disgruntled fans at various times, and getting through more than his fair share of managers, but I never doubted that he wanted the best for the club, even if he couldn't always achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you expect any fan to do in this situation. Sharpen the pitchforks and head down to the training ground tomorrow morning? Scout and deliver the next Iain McCulloch and Trevor Christie striking combo to Neal Ardley? Fire off an abusive tweet at the already on-the-edge club owner?

We can moan all we like online, but the only thing Notts fans can do at the moment is to get behind the players in every game and show them how much this club means to us. There will be plenty of time for recriminations later if things don't turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    One of the few players who gave fully committed performances for the club. Thanks for your efforts, and all the best for the future.
    £450 a week?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... there he goes again! FFS AH, shut the F up. Unprofessional to comment on a contract. You clearly not as bright as you think you are - well-meaning but naive.
    Are you going to berate Turley for commenting on it as well or just Alan?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Milsom's contract with Crawley was until "January" so he won't be going back there. Given that you can only play for two teams in a season, we're stuck with the guy (I assume we've given him a contract until the end of the season, but never saw an announcement - although it may have been placed in the Obits section).

Our only hope is that he's used sparingly (ie not at all), because we will certainly not win many/any games with him crawling around in the middle of the park, failing to use the ball constructively or win a tackle. Things must be bad if I'd prefer Vaughan to him.

Out of all the young players we have, Crawford is the only one who hasn't been given much of a chance. Patching looks too lightweight and needs more time to pick a pass than he'll ever get in the hurly-burly of League 2. Oxlade-Chamberlain is painfully lightweight too - as shown by his displays at Exeter and Oldham. Then again, he had absolutely no pre-season due to his broken leg, so maybe it's a bit unfair to judge him.

Osborne is the one player I'd like to see get a chance, but that could only happen if drop the 3-5-2 and go for 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
    Crawford impressed in the Conference for Chester, so we'd do well to keep him on board and see how he develops. He's surely worth a bit of game time ahead of Milsom at this stage.

Patching looks like another one of those highly rated youngsters who is never going to make it, much like Husin. They come with rave reviews and apparently bags of potential, but they just aren't cut out for the reality of lower-league football.

Can't say much about the Ox. I think we signed him because he played well against us for Oxford City last season. But we did the same with Kellet, too. I think signings players who play well against us during games in which we play **** isn't the best recruitment policy, but what do I know.

We should definitely give Osborne a chance. He seems to score every time he plays for youth team, so what more can he do?
    Last edited by slack_pie; 14-01-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    £450 a week?
    I'll take it if you're offering.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Are you going to berate Turley for commenting on it as well or just Alan?
    What do you think, qp? Turley has gone and probably never even glanced at Notts Mad (if he had any sense). Alan Hardy is still around and provides a very easy target for any brave keyboard warrior who wishes to rant at "Management".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast