+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Turley Departs

Jamie Turley Departs

Covered in Squad List thread but posting here so the headline scanners get to see

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 3272
Size:  15.5 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-01-2019 at 01:38 PM.

We're sorting out the wheat from the chaff … and getting rid of the wheat!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Our hands are tied due to contracts. His ran out and presumably opens the door for another new face.

Sad to see him go to be honest. Not because he was a world beating footballer or the answer to all our problems. He was however a good honest player who gave 100% every time he played and genuinely cared. There are many others in the squad who I would have liked to see go before Turley. I wish him all the best for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Sad to see him go to be honest. Not because he was a world beating footballer or the answer to all our problems. He was however a good honest player who gave 100% every time he played and genuinely cared. There are many others in the squad who I would have liked to see go before Turley. I wish him all the best for the future.
    This. Whether we've got money tied up in contracts with other players or not, we're not going to turn things around by losing one of the few players who actually gives a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yup... my though exactly. I think of a dozen players that need to be shown the door before a scrapper like Turley.

Agree with Jackal. Keep Thomas the donkey and lose Turley. Madness. As Ardley stated yesterday to Slater, ok to ask players, but would they want to come? What a mess we're in. How on earth has it come to this? Mind you eigh**** games left. 54 points available.

The fact that he says “Sadly we were unable to negotiate and reach an agreement on an extension” suggests that Notts did want to keep him but both sides couldn’t agree terms.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    The fact that he says “Sadly we were unable to negotiate and reach an agreement on an extension” suggests that Notts did want to keep him but both sides couldn’t agree terms.
    The difference was probably what we're paying one or two of our "ones for the future".

Will Messrs Oxlade-Chamberlain, Crawford, Patching, Pindroch and Husin be digging us out of trouble? I'm not holding my breath!

To be fair, aside from Husin who has shown himself to be nothing more than a show pony, we've barely seen enough of them to judge whether they are any good or not, but if successive managers aren't prepared to play them even when the senior pros are doing nothing, you have to conclude they don't rate them and therefore we've wasted money which could be the difference between keeping or signing people who can really contribute.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-01-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post

Agree.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast