+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jamie Turley Departs

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    You'd be surprised, a lot of players at this level aren't earning more than the every day person, they're still privileged to be earning it doing something they (should) love doing and the working hours aren't like your standard 9-5. The £450 a week quoted is about double what Haydn Hollis was earning, which is probably why we kept him around so long
    Yep, in order to have an average you need both higher and lower of course.

Maybe Turley sh1t out as don't want to be responsible for being in a team that takes Notts out the league

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm not saying it is, but you can certainly get relatively unskilled, entry-level jobs that pay that much. Turley might be a lower-leagues battler, but he's still an experienced professional in his field.
    But without a job like he was when we signed him.

You'd be surprised, a lot of players at this level aren't earning more than the every day person, they're still privileged to be earning it doing something they (should) love doing and the working hours aren't like your standard 9-5. The £450 a week quoted is about double what Haydn Hollis was earning, which is probably why we kept him around so long
    No it wasn't Delroy, you really have no idea do you.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    No it wasn't Delroy, you really have no idea do you.
    Speaking of having no idea, you still haven't answered this in the Curtis Thompson topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Delroy
    Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod
    I'm not interested in them. I'm interested in us.
    Guessing you weren't interested in us when we were in the top 3 for the majority of last season either...

Speaking of having no idea, you still haven't answered this in the Curtis Thompson topic...
    Nor this one from the Cambridge attendance thread

'I understand that AH has made mistakes, which he has admitted, but there's nothing I want more than him and the club to be successful and avoid relegation. Do you?'

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Their gain, our loss, especially when Neal Ardley stated he wanted players up were up for the fight.

It's pretty obvious what's happened with Turley. I suspect most of his family is down South and have stayed there as he was only contracted for a short period.

Carry on playing for Notts and risk having a relegation on your CV, or join Orient who could get promoted and stay with your family?

No brainer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456