+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Random Consequences Of Relegation

I started this thread more than 4 years ago when it seemed like we were heading for relegation (and I was sadly right)

But how many of these theoretical consequences actually took place?

And how many changes will there be now we’re back in the football league!!!!

That made for a real interesting read mate. Well done for digging it out.

Most of the fears came to pass, but the Hardy fiasco and the brothers taking over were and still are critical for us. They had a idea and stuck to it. They kept Ardley for as long as possible out of respect. IB...debatable. Did he move us on that much as a team from what Ardley did?
    The appointment of LW and his staff have proven to be a masterstroke.

Players will always come and go. Well done JoB for still being here!

So glad to be rid of the stupid BT kick off times.

Still no ale on the stands.

And due to the usual drama at Notts...don't think anyone had chance to fall asleep in the stands too often over the 4 years.

Did it make us stronger as a club? Yes would be my answer. Hardy did his bit for the attendances and we've continued to progress enough to hopefully keep them up and continue to increase. Considering we've been NL for 4 years, it's been a remarkable ride so to regularly hit the fabled "8 through the gate" target by big Al (the original one!) is a good leap for the club.

Like any fierce roller coaster...
    Not a ride I want to get back on again though any time soon!

The main thing that never came true was the (not unreasonable) belief that fan numbers would plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    The main thing that never came true was the (not unreasonable) belief that fan numbers would plummet.
    I never believed for a second those who were predicting 2,000 in non league.

However, I would also have thought anyone predicting 8,000 was just as silly!

IF this is correct its the highest average attendance for 30 years, unbelieveable really

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nott...ng/verein/1045

I was sort of thinking about this this morning on how I will remember the national league. On the whole I really enjoyed it (easy to say it now) but I was dreading it 4 years ago. It’s almost been a pleasure seeing Notts challenged by part time teams, whilst quite sobering but also amazing to see some of these honest well ran clubs exceeding what they should be doing with small sets of totally dedicated fans that could easily support a so called big club. The irony of it all is it’s probably been one of the best things to happen to the club, it reset us, got us to grip reality, made us realise we just love being Notts fans regardless of the league and obviously was the start of our adventure with our great owners COYP.

Dropping into none league was the best thing to happen to us. For years we have been embarrassing, with a toxic dressing room, alcoholic manager, others showing their dick on social media, Court injunctions and so on. We now have been blessed with two amazing owners who have transformed this lame duck into a fantastic club to be proud of.. Its been a hard journey back, and we have been to some awful cesspits, with facilities that would not be out of place in a Charles Dickens novel. This must never be allowed to happen to us again... COYP

I get all Notts match commentaries on the BBC page but I think now that they are back in the league it won't happen anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    IF this is correct its the highest average attendance for 30 years, unbelieveable really

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nott...ng/verein/1045
    It was actually 8,303 I believe, so even better.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Dropping into none league was the best thing to happen to us. For years we have been embarrassing, with a toxic dressing room, alcoholic manager, others showing their dick on social media, Court injunctions and so on. We now have been blessed with two amazing owners who have transformed this lame duck into a fantastic club to be proud of.. Its been a hard journey back, and we have been to some awful cesspits, with facilities that would not be out of place in a Charles Dickens novel. This must never be allowed to happen to us again... COYP

Spot on that, on all counts!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-05-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast