+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Consequences Of Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    BBC Lincs had full match commentary of the Imps' games when they were in the 5th tier, Steve Thompson was the summariser. I think they were able to stream it on the internet via the BBC's own website as well. It could be that Radio Nottm move Notts commentaries to online and, if promoted to L1, Stags take DAB. Mansfield would probably need a new correspondent however, I can't imagine Jake Garner (or whatever his name is) being able to commentate for 90 minutes.
    But there weren't any other teams for them to cover.

BBC RN will probably have a Championship and L1 team in addition to us.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    But there weren't any other teams for them to cover.

BBC RN will probably have a Championship and L1 team in addition to us.
    The thing is though, even in those circumstances Notts will still have a greater support than Stags and more listeners to Radio Nottm. I suspect listening figures will mean more to them than league positions. The likelihood is that nothing will change.

As for Lincoln, the point is that non-league clubs can still be covered by BBC radio and that they were able to stream the commentaries online.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The thing is though, even in those circumstances Notts will still have a greater support than Stags and more listeners to Radio Nottm. I suspect listening figures will mean more to them than league positions. The likelihood is that nothing will change.

As for Lincoln, the point is that non-league clubs can still be covered by BBC radio and that they were able to stream the commentaries online.
    Will we get more support though?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Will we get more support though?
    Good point.

Think about the number of away supporters we would get, compared to some L1 teams at Mansfield

Probably an appropriate time to revive this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    On a serious point it could actually force us to develop our own, and play the likes of Howes, Bird, Osbourne, Campbell, Etete, etc
    Although this is Notts after all, so I expect we would even try to buy our way out of that league as well.
    To be honest Woodsetts this might not be a bad thing, I am pig sick of signing has-beens on their last pay packet, time to blood the kids and go for broke. Keep 4/5 of the current squad and give the likes of Crawford, Osbourne and the likes a proper go at it.

Playing some league games on 3G pitches

on football manager 20 we'll start in the national league and the board expectations will be 'to win promotion'
    i'm going to have to start with a new team this year

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    on football manager 20 we'll start in the national league and the board expectations will be 'to win promotion'
    i'm going to have to start with a new team this year
    scratch that i'll take over notts anyway just in case sigames has ardley still as manager, i dont even want him to be in charge of my pretend team, i'll use the editor to remove mr hardy

I think Harrogate, Bromley and Sutton United all have 3G pitches. Didn’t do Maidstone much good as they have just been relegated to National League South (although not sure if they even accept 3G pitches).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast