+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarets Continue To Impress

Remind me Norder of the actual final score?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    we did win the game Sub - can be no argument there - but beat them squarely we didn't....because it was Fulham who scored "ALL 3 Goals" and us who couldn't even put a shot on target - that against the current 2nd to worst team in the PL - a relegation favourite - so where does that put us ?.....I know - spin - spin reality - the land of make believe.

Not currently 2nd to worst as can be seen from the last 6 matches and we have beaten 5 of the current bottom 6:-

14 Everton 6 2 0 4 10 12 -2 6
    15 Brighton & Hove 6 1 2 3 5 8 -3 5
    16 Fulham 6 1 2 3 4 9 -5 5
    17 Newcastle Utd 6 1 2 3 3 9 -6 5
    18 Cardiff City 6 1 2 3 4 11 -7 5
    19 Bournemouth 6 1 1 4 6 16 -10 4
    20 Huddersfield 6 0 1 5 3 10 -7 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Remind me Norder of the actual final score?
    of the contingent nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Not currently 2nd to worst as can be seen from the last 6 matches and we have beaten 5 of the current bottom 6:-
    all playing different teams of varying quality - at different times.....and a decent point buffer also matters, can play around with team/tactics etc - so a weak example - Sub.

I never see the point of arguing about the results, we've won our last four games, that's an indisputable fact, nothing else to say really.

But on the performances, we all can see it differently, there's plenty to fall out about there, and we do, which is to be expected imo. But the results ? They are what they are, how can you argue over them ?

Bloody hell Norder, cheer up!

As Kilby once said, "Give a Burnley fan a fiver and he will ask, "Why isn't it a tenner?""

We are 15th in the Premier League. we have just played in a European competition.

I am 66 and I used to think these days were gone for good. For a town the size of ours we all realise it can't last forever. So just enjoy playing in the big lads league while you can.

I remember Rovers fans being equally as deluded a few years ago and we all despised them. Let's not be like them, eh?

Current form is relevant because it is still 11 v 11 at any one time.
    People rave about the football that Bournemouth play and in their last 6 games there have been 22 goals scored so that would be what is classed as entertainment. however, I'll bet that Eddie Howe isn't too happy because 16 of those goals have been conceded by his team.
    At the end of week 11 Bournemouth were 6th in the table and had accrued 20 points and we were 15th with 8 points.
    At the end of week 22 Bournemouth are 12th with 27 points and we are 15th with 21 points.

Similarly, Brighton at the end of week 15 were 10th with 21 points and we were 19th with 9 points
    At the end of week 22 Brighton are 13th with 26 points and we have moved up to 15th with 21 points.

Two teams which have been moving downwards steadily and who we have both beaten this season --nothing is certain in football, however, 12 points in 7 games is a decent upturn even though lots of our fans consider that we are shoite!!

ok - I will shut up - because everything is Wonderful....Celebrate while we can - etc etc etc !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

ok - I will shut up - because everything is Wonderful....Celebrate while we can - etc etc etc !
    Nah then Norder lad, don't you be shutting up for anybody, I for one love your posts and look forward to them, even if I haven't a fecking clue what you're on about 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nah then Norder lad, don't you be shutting up for anybody, I for one love your posts and look forward to them, even if I haven't a fecking clue what you're on about 90% of the time.
    So do I!! Mind you, I like this one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)