+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boss focuses on positives after Norwich draw

Boss focuses on positives after Norwich draw

Moore doesn't want anybody feeling down after two points dropped - External Link

Full of bull**** once again, not the man to take us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Full of bull**** once again, not the man to take us forward.
    OK so in your opinion who would have done a better job with the unbalanced squad and the lack of spending power we have.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    OK so in your opinion who would have done a better job with the unbalanced squad and the lack of spending power we have.

Any experienced manager would have seen subs were needed earlier as Brunt and HRK are not good enough! I will go one further - not the first time this has happened and Leko whilst raw, would trouble any defense more than HRK who quite frankly is garbage! Brunt is now past it and certainly not a CM in a million years - legs have gone and even dead ball free kicks end up in the back row.

It took weeks and weeks for the coffee to be smelt that three at the back did not work. How long will those coffee beans start to smelll before subs/tactics are changed quicker - Brunt is not good enough any more - HRK can't hit a barn door, and Johnstone is very average at best.

The points we have thrown away is staggering ............

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Any experienced manager would have seen subs were needed earlier as Brunt and HRK are not good enough! I will go one further - not the first time this has happened and Leko whilst raw, would trouble any defense more than HRK who quite frankly is garbage! Brunt is now past it and certainly not a CM in a million years - legs have gone and even dead ball free kicks end up in the back row.

It took weeks and weeks for the coffee to be smelt that three at the back did not work. How long will those coffee beans start to smelll before subs/tactics are changed quicker - Brunt is not good enough any more - HRK can't hit a barn door, and Johnstone is very average at best.

The points we have thrown away is staggering ............
    The last 2 managers we had were very experienced they did a great job didn't they? I think you will find that we are one of the teams that has picked up the most points from loosing positions this season we have scored the most goals have the best goal difference yet some people would rather criticise than praise the manager who has brought entertainment back to this football club with the squad we have. No doubt you would rather be in the position Stoke and Swansea are in.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    The last 2 managers we had were very experienced they did a great job didn't they? I think you will find that we are one of the teams that has picked up the most points from loosing positions this season we have scored the most goals have the best goal difference yet some people would rather criticise than praise the manager who has brought entertainment back to this football club with the squad we have. No doubt you would rather be in the position Stoke and Swansea are in.

The fizzy is a different league to the premier, and with our squad we should be right up there. We would be top had many points not been squandered with 3 at the back before 20,000+ supporters stamped their feet after a good few weeks - poor selections - poor subs and persistence of playing Brunt in a position where he can't play, and using HRK who can't hit a barn door. Where's the development of Leko and Field as whilst they are not the finished article, they could be developed and decent.

I agree there's more entertainment which has been mainly provided by Barnes and Gayle who are not our players. Other entertainment is the amount of goals going in both ends, the boiler mascot, and Bartley earning his living by pointing his finger as not much good with his feet. Don't get me going on Mears.............

Please God when Livermore comes back - lets pray our promising youngster Harper does not get sidelined.

PS - other entertainment is Brunty taking free kicks as even the pidgeons in the sky start to duck

I do like going to the championship grounds though as that's better banter and entertainment. Lastly, if we do get promoted, I would beg Foster to come back to us and he's far far superior to Johnstone.
    Last edited by baggieal; 13-01-2019 at 11:15 PM.

If was all about having the best squad on paper then surely Villa and Stoke would be right at the top the fact is after the summer window we were left with a totally unbalanced squad no natural right back no left footed centre half no pace in midfield, what we did have was players who can score goals so big D found a formation that got results .Everyone agrees Brunt is not a central midfielder but until Barry was fit enough to play we needed his experience on the pitch recently when everyone has been fit he has been on the bench. Imo with what he has had to work with Moore has done a good job yes he has made mistakes if you want experience then Big Sam Moyes and now Rowett are available i
    would rather prefer a manager who loves our club and is giving us our identy back than any of those 3.

A manager in the mould of Bielsa, a man who recognises youth is the way to go, building a team for the future, not playing your over 30 's mates, running the team into the ground when subs are available, something is very wrong when Moorecomes out with the quote " Robson Kanu played very well on Saturday", dear oh dear, also Baggiel is correct when Livermores ban is over
    Harper will be ditched.

I'm with salt on this. Yes, DM hasn't got everything correct. His substitutions aren't always the best, playing out from a back three didn't work, playing Bartley is a mistake and I'm still to be convinced regarding Johnstone. Having said this, our style of play should attract players if the club is prepared to back him. Players want to play for him which is one real positive and if you compare that to our last two managers, it's a real bonus. He has total respect. It's not his fault that we give a silly free kick away in a position of no danger and the opposition score from it! Norwich were second in the table and were second best throughout the game. No, he's not the finished article and I have criticised him on occasions but tell me, who is out there who would do a better job, especially on the money we would pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    A manager in the mould of Bielsa, a man who recognises youth is the way to go, building a team for the future, not playing your over 30 's mates, running the team into the ground when subs are available, something is very wrong when Moorecomes out with the quote " Robson Kanu played very well on Saturday", dear oh dear, also Baggiel is correct when Livermores ban is over
    Harper will be ditched.
    We are far to nice as a club to employ win at all costs Bielsa let alone the salary they are probably paying him, 90% of what is said in pre and post match press conferences is total rubbish most managers are not going to come out and slag there own players, I hope when Livermore's ban is over we will see a midfield of Barry, Livermore's and Harper with Phillips pushed forward as part of a front 3 with Gayle and J Rod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)