+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss focuses on positives after Norwich draw

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Full of bull**** once again, not the man to take us forward.
    Its amazing we have a young manager, who is still learning but loves the club and knows it inside out. Who has managed us for 6 months, and in 4 of those months has been nominated for Manager of the Month. Inherited a side who had won once in 20 games and had no confidence whatsoever. Which was an unbalanced side too, which he has had to mould into a side who will be competing for promotion.

Here we are, halfway through the season 3 points off an automatic promotion spot, after reading so much negative drivel on here about how we were going to do a Sunderland. We have absolutely no right to just walk this league, ask Stoke and Villa who have spent far more than us and look at where they are in the table.

We concede an equaliser, 5 minutes from time in a game we were the better team in....and he's not the man to take us forward....

Jesus Christ.

He should have made a sub on Saturday, to break the game up if nothing else and kill a few seconds. I agree with that. HRK shouldn't get in our first XI, I agree with that too. Will BD make more mistakes through the season, I can guarantee you he will.

But anyone who thinks we should replace him with a more experienced manager, I can't get my head around. You couldn't get a more experienced manager than Pardew and look what happened there.

The back 3 didn't go to plan and he changed it....that to me shows signs of a progressive manager who is willing to learn from his mistakes.

Plus I'd rather have BD in charge than a Steve Bruce / Pardew or any others that are on the managerial merry go round.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its amazing we have a young manager, who is still learning but loves the club and knows it inside out. Who has managed us for 6 months, and in 4 of those months has been nominated for Manager of the Month. Inherited a side who had won once in 20 games and had no confidence whatsoever. Which was an unbalanced side too, which he has had to mould into a side who will be competing for promotion.

Here we are, halfway through the season 3 points off an automatic promotion spot, after reading so much negative drivel on here about how we were going to do a Sunderland. We have absolutely no right to just walk this league, ask Stoke and Villa who have spent far more than us and look at where they are in the table.

We concede an equaliser, 5 minutes from time in a game we were the better team in....and he's not the man to take us forward....

Jesus Christ.

He should have made a sub on Saturday, to break the game up if nothing else and kill a few seconds. I agree with that. HRK shouldn't get in our first XI, I agree with that too. Will BD make more mistakes through the season, I can guarantee you he will.

But anyone who thinks we should replace him with a more experienced manager, I can't get my head around. You couldn't get a more experienced manager than Pardew and look what happened there.

The back 3 didn't go to plan and he changed it....that to me shows signs of a progressive manager who is willing to learn from his mistakes.

Plus I'd rather have BD in charge than a Steve Bruce / Pardew or any others that are on the managerial merry go round.
    I'd just like to expand on this with a little something I prepared earlier.

Belated half term report:

Darren Moore, Graeme Jones and the squad have established us as a top six side. We’re three points off the automatic places and have a manager whose been nominated for four of the last six Manager of the Month awards. He’s lost his first choice goalkeeper, an admittedly up himself yet good centre half, a centre forward who would most likely dominate Championship centre halves (yes that’s right, Rondon) and had to mend and make do during the summer with the presence of Jenkins and all that entails in terms of squad investment. Things could be better but then they could also be a hell of a lot worse.

There is currently a not inconsiderable distance between ourselves, the other relegated teams and ‘the unmentionables’ from the class of ’82 down the road. Things can change rapidly and we admittedly concede too many cheap goals (mostly down to individual mistakes), but we’re also scoring at a volume not seen since the days of Di Matteo and Mowbray before him. It doesn’t always work out but we generally try and play attacking football, something which the support base has been crying out for. It’s no coincidence that we have the best goal difference and goals for column in the division.

The right back position appears to have been sewn up, we’re in the hat for the next round of the FA Cup and potential play offs withstanding we have another nine**** league games to go. All this has been achieved under the leadership (in the minds of several) of an apparently clueless fkwhit. One who went into our last game with a team who’ve been in the top two for much of the season minus the creative services of Harvey Barnes and Matt Phillips. Not to mention the experience and steadying influence of James Morrison and Jake Livermore as Hegazi and Gayle returned for their first games following injury.

In my opinion he’s made mistakes in the transfer market, mistakes with formation and with substitutions. That said he’s also brought in some serious talent and changed the formation. From memory I think we’ve also regained more points from losing positions than any team in the Championship proving he’s more flexible tactically than often given credit for. Although he has a wealth of experience from within the game as both a player and coach he’s still a managerial novice and learning as he goes. Although there are times when he frustrates the hell out of me he’s made attending games fun again.

Thank you to the quality human being AKA Darren Moore; a B+/A- from me with an eye to improvement and a future A.

Onward and COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Darren Moore, Graeme Jones and the squad have established us as a top six side. We’re three points off the automatic places and have a manager whose been nominated for four of the last six Manager of the Month awards. He’s lost his first choice goalkeeper, an admittedly up himself yet good centre half, a centre forward who would most likely dominate Championship centre halves (yes that’s right, Rondon) and had to mend and make do during the summer with the presence of Jenkins and all that entails in terms of squad investment. Things could be better but then they could also be a hell of a lot worse.

There is currently a not inconsiderable distance between ourselves, the other relegated teams and ‘the unmentionables’ from the class of ’82 down the road. Things can change rapidly and we admittedly concede too many cheap goals (mostly down to individual mistakes), but we’re also scoring at a volume not seen since the days of Di Matteo and Mowbray before him. It doesn’t always work out but we generally try and play attacking football, something which the support base has been crying out for. It’s no coincidence that we have the best goal difference and goals for column in the division.

The right back position appears to have been sewn up, we’re in the hat for the next round of the FA Cup and potential play offs withstanding we have another nine**** league games to go. All this has been achieved under the leadership (in the minds of several) of an apparently clueless fkwhit. One who went into our last game with a team who’ve been in the top two for much of the season minus the creative services of Harvey Barnes and Matt Phillips. Not to mention the experience and steadying influence of James Morrison and Jake Livermore as Hegazi and Gayle returned for their first games following injury.

In my opinion he’s made mistakes in the transfer market, mistakes with formation and with substitutions. That said he’s also brought in some serious talent and changed the formation. From memory I think we’ve also regained more points from losing positions than any team in the Championship proving he’s more flexible tactically than often given credit for. Although he has a wealth of experience from within the game as both a player and coach he’s still a managerial novice and learning as he goes. Although there are times when he frustrates the hell out of me he’s made attending games fun again.

Thank you to the quality human being AKA Darren Moore; a B+/A- from me with an eye to improvement and a future A.

Onward and COYB .
    This.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I honestly think most who go up agree with it too.

I didn't go to the game. I watched the highlights on Quest. HRK looked to be our best player, thwarted 3 times by good saves by their keeper. Johnstone made 2 good saves.
    This is why I don't make comments on games I haven't seen the full 90 minutes of.

Onward and COYB .
    Very well put dear chap.....

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I didn't go to the game. I watched the highlights on Quest. HRK looked to be our best player, thwarted 3 times by good saves by their keeper. Johnstone made 2 good saves.
    This is why I don't make comments on games I haven't seen the full 90 minutes of.
    Despite that I think HRK shouldn’t even be at the club I was impressed with him on Saturday. Worked his guts out, held everything up and for the most part always had two blokes crawling all over him.

We are doing fine. Try being a Stoke supporter right now, or even an expectant Villa fan. (You don't have to try the last one obviously )

Onward and COYB .
    Spot on Danny (and also 123), and eloquently put as usual. 😊

We have a good starting 11, even better of course before H Barnes was recalled by Leicester. The squad though, maybe not good enough for promotion, when injuries and suspensions kick in. Responsible for that, owner and board.

We play entertaining football, score an abundance of goals (and, yes, concede a bit too many) and are ”up there” competing, so far.

Quite a few on here said we were going to struggle (”do a Sunderland”, or why not ”a Wolves some years ago”), I think looking at our squad and bearing in mind all the negativity and ”chaos” we have had over the last seasons, we are over-achieving, and one (not the only one of course) to thank for this is Big Dave. Remember, transition does take some time. I certainly feel more positive than I have felt for some seasons - even though I am not sure that we get promoted.

COYB!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)