+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On Young Ben Williams

Thoughts On Young Ben Williams

Massively improved from his first little run in the team last October .

Looks very composed and assured and looks to use the ball well .

Not done anything to warrant leaving out once Pinillos is fit in my opinion .

Good future ahead of him this lad if he keeps at it and continues improving .

Av only seen him against Luton (h) and Burnley last week but he looks decent from what I saw. He certainly plays with a lot of heart, nice to see. Id just say control that aggression a bit better and channel it in the right areas, opponents will try and get him in bother and refs will oblige with cards

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Av only seen him against Luton (h) and Burnley last week but he looks decent from what I saw. He certainly plays with a lot of heart, nice to see. Id just say control that aggression a bit better and channel it in the right areas, opponents will try and get him in bother and refs will oblige with cards
    Aye he likes a tackle which is something I love to see in a player hence my user name Pass because he did bloody love a tackle .

Once or twice yesterday he looked as though he was setting himself up to put one in but just composed himself at the last second and just stood his ground which proved to be the right decision .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye he likes a tackle which is something I love to see in a player hence my user name Pass because he did bloody love a tackle .

Once or twice yesterday he looked as though he was setting himself up to put one in but just composed himself at the last second and just stood his ground which proved to be the right decision .
    Nice to hear, all part of the maturing process

He got targeted by Burnley last week at back post , struggled at times against them , but he stood his ground against the likes of Vokes, Vydra, and Wood , not the biggest lad , Heart like a Lion though , another i enjoy watching moving forward from his Under 23s days , that's what i like to see , and get enjoyment from !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    He got targeted by Burnley last week at back post , struggled at times against them , but he stood his ground against the likes of Vokes, Vydra, and Wood , not the biggest lad , Heart like a Lion though , another i enjoy watching moving forward from his Under 23s days , that's what i like to see , and get enjoyment from !!!
    I thought young Brown had a decent game too Roma , took his goal well and unlucky not to get another when Chicksen brought him down late in the game .

It's good to see these lads given a chance , some may knock it ? But I enjoy seeing the progress they can possibly make , not one of ours but a young ex blade I saw and impressed with twice , Dominic Calvert Lewin scored a good goal for Everton today , on the opposite side was a young lad Brookes for Bornmuff , Rod pointed him out to me when we met at Stocky , Blades v Reds Under23s game , only looks a bairn yond brooksy , good for em and best of luck too , plenty of good young talent out there , sometimes gambles pay off ?!!!

It's good to see these lads given a chance , some may knock it ? But I enjoy seeing the progress they can possibly make , not one of ours but a young ex blade I saw and impressed with twice , Dominic Calvert Lewin scored a good goal for Everton today , on the opposite side was a young lad Brookes for Bornmuff , Rod pointed him out to me when we met at Stocky , Blades v Reds Under23s game , only looks a bairn yond brooksy , good for em and best of luck too , plenty of good young talent out there , sometimes gambles pay off ?!!!
    Absolutely Roma. However, league one is a good place to help em get along and learn their trade, as we've seen over the years in the championship, our various head coaches haven't been as keen to integrate our U23s into the 1st team. There's been a few but overall when we're in the championship we tend to develope other clubs promising youngsters by draughting them in on loan for the season. Harvey Barnes, Ryan Kent, Sam Morsey have all come here in the last 2 years and gone on to better things. It meks thi think if our youth system is up to scratch or if they're willing to show the necessary faith in em.

It can be difficult in some cases like Reuben Noble Lazarus, supposed to be a super kid and chucked in the first team by Davey at 15 year owd, a can't help but feel it were too soon. Too much emphasis and hype placed on a boys shoulders was probably detrimental to his start in football. Lad is 25yr owd and laiks fo 6th tier Chorley nar.

And that's a shame Pass , everything going for him RNL until Davey IMO introduced him far too early , at Ipswich i think ? To deflect any animosity away from Davey ( under pressure at the time ) and rightly or wrongly ? Put extra pressure on that young lad , always remember that last match of the season v Millwall , when Reuben scored a rocket of a shot , 2-0 I think it ended , poor lad then got his head scrambled along with a few more

And that's a shame Pass , everything going for him RNL until Davey IMO introduced him far too early , at Ipswich i think ? To deflect any animosity away from Davey ( under pressure at the time ) and rightly or wrongly ? Put extra pressure on that young lad , always remember that last match of the season v Millwall , when Reuben scored a rocket of a shot , 2-0 I think it ended , poor lad then got his head scrambled along with a few more

Aye Davey took him arta schooil to laik away at Ipswich. Tha reight anorl abart Davey doin it fo media exposure to tek emphasis off him, kin idiot

He's ed a lot o injuries ez Lazarus which ev tekken the toll on him tha can bet. Shame like tha sez. As well as that millwall goal a remember him scooarin a cracker away at Reading in a midweeker.

Despite academy being theear 20 years now I dunt feel it's quite produced enough for this club in its time. Cooarse wiv ed Stooansy whooz gone on and reached the very top which is summat to be proud on but the fact that we couldn't see his true potential is a massive cause for concern. Moyes wo rubbin his hands together when he bought him and has gone on record as sayin that Stooansy worriz best ever signing.

If the can't even see a world class player emerging through then it dunt fill me wi any confidence at all. Big Eric Winstanley knew a thing or two abart developing young footballers, we could do wi folk of his ilk workin wi the kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast