+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts On Young Ben Williams

Williams is progressing well but this needs to be monitored by the Manager and coaching team as he played a couple of good games early on then went off track a bit.
    The lad is outstanding on his day, for me he grew up massively at Luton? For the first 20 minutes it was easy to see that Danny Hilton had been given orders to try and exploit him, then Ben put two massive tackles in on Hilton and during one surge forward Hilton was muscled out of it by young Ben and Hilton clearly gave up and tried to go more central where Lindsay and Pinnock just controlled anything he tried to do, it was a defensive masterclass that day!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Aye Davey took him arta schooil to laik away at Ipswich. Tha reight anorl abart Davey doin it fo media exposure to tek emphasis off him, kin idiot

He's ed a lot o injuries ez Lazarus which ev tekken the toll on him tha can bet. Shame like tha sez. As well as that millwall goal a remember him scooarin a cracker away at Reading in a midweeker.

Despite academy being theear 20 years now I dunt feel it's quite produced enough for this club in its time. Cooarse wiv ed Stooansy whooz gone on and reached the very top which is summat to be proud on but the fact that we couldn't see his true potential is a massive cause for concern. Moyes wo rubbin his hands together when he bought him and has gone on record as sayin that Stooansy worriz best ever signing.

If the can't even see a world class player emerging through then it dunt fill me wi any confidence at all. Big Eric Winstanley knew a thing or two abart developing young footballers, we could do wi folk of his ilk workin wi the kids.
    Pressure of football today Pass , coaches want players out there that they can trust and us fans want ready made solutions .

None of us in all honesty have the mindset today to stick with a young un and let him develop .

We all want success here and now .

To be fair to Stendel he's never shyed away from giving these young lads a go , Victor , Brown and Williams have all come in this season .

Really like these two Germans , really impressed with how they sort problems out , Cavare has had some attention since his b@llax ups and he's responded , you can tell he's thinking a lot more about his decision making since those errors before xmas .

We'd do very well to replace these two and kick on .

If these owners pyss these two off it will be a serious mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pressure of football today Pass , coaches want players out there that they can trust and us fans want ready made solutions .

None of us in all honesty have the mindset today to stick with a young un and let him develop .

We all want success here and now .

To be fair to Stendel he's never shyed away from giving these young lads a go , Victor , Brown and Williams have all come in this season .

Really like these two Germans , really impressed with how they sort problems out , Cavare has had some attention since his b@llax ups and he's responded , you can tell he's thinking a lot more about his decision making since those errors before xmas .

We'd do very well to replace these two and kick on .

If these owners pyss these two off it will be a serious mistake .

I'd agree wi that. It's easy to see the reason behind the reluctance to blood youth in previous seasons, far too much at stake. The Germans have given kids a chance and in the right way too. It's food for thought when you think back to their vision for the club right through to the kids when they arrived. I think we have a very assured management team and to pyss them off by selling every player worth owt would be very foolish

Think He’s done well. Won’t harm his development to come in, do a few good games, and then miss a few. Then come back...... Reminds me of a young Seamus Coleman in his first Everton days. A player who will grow into his position. Not by any means the finished article, yet will graft, and like Coleman will never be the “Star” of the team... yet one who will be present in most of the teams wins.

To be honest I can see our whole management team going to Nice in the future especially if Goat is going there?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    To be honest I can see our whole management team going to Nice in the future especially if Goat is going there?
    Now, would that transfer compensation be paid to BFC. And would the “undisclosed “
    Portion be made available for “ sustainability “

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post

With respect to Stendel and his management team I would have thought Nice would be looking for a more high profile name like he one who's currently in charge. However, there's a possibility if Stendel has prolonged success at Oakwell. Tha couldn't rule it art but a lot o water needs to pass under the bridge

Winkler seems to be the main man ? Stendel and Sterm ? ! A good backroom staff , I see Stendel as a Viv Anderson type ? Winkler playing the Wilson role , Stern a good back up to them both , Luv arr they say Urrreddddds on Youtube , be a shame to lose these lads anytime soon ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Winkler seems to be the main man ? Stendel and Sterm ? ! A good backroom staff , I see Stendel as a Viv Anderson type ? Winkler playing the Wilson role , Stern a good back up to them both , Luv arr they say Urrreddddds on Youtube , be a shame to lose these lads anytime soon ,
    They've really bought in to the club and their infectious enthusiasm is clear to see .

I was impressed from the day Stendel arrived here and went in to town to watch the England world cup games and mingled with the fans .

Learned to speak english quick sticks as well which also impressed me .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12