+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: £9m

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes and I would hope the 'home truths' are in the form of constructive criticism. I'm not saying fans should be happy clappers or nodding dogs, but I've got no time for the small minority who spit vitriol and abuse at the owner, because whatever mistakes he may have made, he certainly doesn't deserve that.
    I don't even post on Twitter, but we are about to go into non-league. When will you wake up and be angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't even post on Twitter, but we are about to go into non-league. When will you wake up and be angry?
    It’s one thing being angry, it’s another thing to hurl online abuse at someone. People are setting up accounts to do just that, but what does it achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    And why do you seem to think I was addressing my comments at you? Did something about my assessment of the nasty minority unintentionally hit a nerve? I wasn't aiming the comment at you or assuming you go on Twitter, but whoever the cap fits, by all means go ahead and wear it.

Yes I am awake and I am angry, probably most of all with the players, because they're the ones being relatively well paid by this football club (compared with other clubs at this level) and they're the only ones in practice who can go on the field and change our fortunes. Plus, I'm annoyed with the club today for releasing Turley, because for me he's one of the few who does put in a shift.

And why do you seem to think I was addressing my comments at you? Did something about my assessment of the nasty minority unintentionally hit a nerve? I wasn't aiming the comment at you or assuming you go on Twitter, but whoever the cap fits, by all means go ahead and wear it.

Yes I am awake and I am angry, probably most of all with the players, because they're the ones being relatively well paid by this football club (compared with other clubs at this level) and they're the only ones in practice who can go on the field and change our fortunes. Plus, I'm annoyed with the club today for releasing Turley, because for me he's one of the few who does put in a shift.
    Did they release him? I thought his contract was up but both parties couldn't agree on a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Did they release him? I thought his contract was up but both parties couldn't agree on a new one.
    Yes, we offered him a new deal but he chose to turn it down and join the unemployed. Or is someone waiting in the wings to sign him up?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Pretty sure both DP and Dunnett did OK with the rental payments they received for the "West Stand" over the years. The club has become a financial black hole for our last two chairmen, though - why is that? Delusions of grandeur because of the nice stadium rather than working from the reality of us being a pretty poorly supported, L1/L2 side?
    We are not a poorly supported L1 or L2 side though in comparison to other league one and league two clubs.

For example last season our average attendance was 7,910 which was the 4th best in League Two and only Lincoln, Luton and Coventry had better home attendances. Compare that with League One and we had the 11th best average home attendance in that league.

This season despite how dire we have been our home attendances are the 3rd best in League Two at 6,722 which is only bettered by Lincoln and MK Dons. Even more astonishing compare it with League One and we would be the 13th best supported team in that league sat in between Oxford United and Southend.

This is what I don’t get year on year we are one of the best supported teams in League Two and half of League One yet we seem to spend so much money and have so much debt yet never progress.

I’ve always believed it’s a case of build it and they will come. The Nottingham public would come if we were any good. If 15,000 can turn up when it’s £2 and we are bottom of the league the potential is there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    £9m to send the oldest league club out of the league after 131 years. Interesting that he’s blocked Fletcher, when he falls out with his mates he really falls out with them.

I wonder whether the likes of Trew get their money back when they sell up. I’m pretty sure DP did alright.

You must be taking maths lessons from Diane Abbott mate...anyway, lets keep slagging off the only hope we have of staying up....I thought red dogs were thick.

Despite being as angry as all of you, i wouldn't hurl abuse at the man myself but if he thinks that the goings tough at the moment, it's nothing compared to the weekend the final nail goes into our league coffin.

Meadow Lane will explode.... I've seen it before and it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Yes, to clarify, I thought he should have been offered a new contract. I would rather have paid him a bit extra than keep paying the various "ones for the future" we never see.

Yes, to clarify, I thought he should have been offered a new contract. I would rather have paid him a bit extra than keep paying the various "ones for the future" we never see.
    AH said he was made a good offer but the terms weren't acceptable to him.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast