+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £9m

£9m

AH saying on twitter he has pumped into the club

Got us far hasn't it? Does he expect people to be thanking him for leading us out of the league because he's spent a lot of money doing it? Is he including the payoffs of managers in this money? I can't imagine sacking Nolan was cheap just as I can't imagine getting Kewell and his assistant from Crawley AND then having to pay both of them off.

Yeah, it's not that we're not thankful, but what fraction of that money has been spent on good players?

Lets hope it's hit home and he's learned a few harsh lessons. Thats a hell of alot of money for div 4. Bet hes punched a few walls and doors. Hes a very successful business man so i find it hard to understand why he employed rookies to start with and did so again. I would at least want a manager who as managed in the lower leagues and if it cost compo so be it. It's not hindsight either its common business sense. You can take risks which nearly paid off with nolan but what came after was beyond belief. I wish ah better luck hopefully hes not got the right man too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Yeah, it's not that we're not thankful, but what fraction of that money has been spent on good players?
    I wonder how much the likes of Bury, Exeter, Carlisle etc have spent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    Lets hope it's hit home and he's learned a few harsh lessons. Thats a hell of alot of money for div 4. Bet hes punched a few walls and doors. Hes a very successful business man so i find it hard to understand why he employed rookies to start with and did so again. I would at least want a manager who as managed in the lower leagues and if it cost compo so be it. It's not hindsight either its common business sense. You can take risks which nearly paid off with nolan but what came after was beyond belief. I wish ah better luck hopefully hes not got the right man too late.
    If it hits home, we are ****ed. Who the hell would spunk money running a football club, to be be told by keyboard warriors that they are idiots without a clue?

If that’s a correct figure then it’s all been p1$$ed up the wall on dud advice from clueless tv commentators etc etc

I wouldn't call the bloke an idiot but he gambled and he's lost... simple really.

I don't feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for George who will now inherit the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I wouldn't call the bloke an idiot but he gambled and he's lost... simple really.

I don't feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for George who will now inherit the ashes.
    Yes, losing £9 million is nothing to be proud of. It would have been possible to lose less and achieve more with a bit more intelligence and a bit less arrogance.

I thought it cost him around £7 million to buy off Ray Trew when everything was settled.
    As the owner you would expect to subsidise the club, it's a rich man's hobby. I'm grateful to big Al not just for keeping us going but for actually trying to push us on. That it's been an utter disaster is a shame for the fans but it must be killing Alan Hardy.
    The buck stops with him and in all fairness he's never dodged his share of the blame. I genuinely hope he's getting good advice from Paul Hart and that Hart and Ardley can work well together.
    What really scares me, even more than the gut wrenching dread of relegation is the thought of Hardy trying to sell and closing his wallet while we flounder Chesterfield style or end up like Stockport.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast