+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: £9m

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s one thing being angry, it’s another thing to hurl online abuse at someone. People are setting up accounts to do just that, but what does it achieve?

Nothing. it just pishes off the guy who pays the bills, which by my thinking, is not a very good idea.

Plenty of points to play for yet and over half the transfer window to go. A critical week or two coming up; no need to administer the last rites yet.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    AH said he was made a good offer but the terms weren't acceptable to him.
    Maybe Turley wanted a longer contract? Maybe the contract was realistic and said that if Notts went down, he'd have to take a drastic wage cut next season?

I liked Turley's attitude, but it did mask quite a limited player technically - and our defence still kept conceding the same number of goals when he was at the heart of it. He was also incapable of passing the ball to a teammate more than 10 yards away and contributed one of the more comical own goals of the season. It's a sign of how bad we've been that he's been one of the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    You must be taking maths lessons from Diane Abbott mate...anyway, lets keep slagging off the only hope we have of staying up....I thought red dogs were thick.
    We’ve been a league club for 131 years. Get back to me when you’ve worked out why.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We’ve been a league club for 131 years. Get back to me when you’ve worked out why.
    9 million will be whats been spent and I doubt it will include income in that figure as an overall loss. However I doubt that is more than 2-3 million income someone closer to the action than me will know that figure I am sure.

None the less its a bit of cash. Fools and their money they say!

9m equates to £92500 a week under his tenure. There must be income in terms of gate and FL money, commercial money. Dong Da and Bearne brought in over half a million. We have no assets, we don't own the ground or have a training ground, the players are worthless apart from maybe Etete so AH is looking to sell what is the club worth? Would anyone want to risk buying a club in this position? Hardy has been poorly advised as I have said on many occasions but does he listen and is obviously a mug punter. He won't be very popular in April if this does not improve but as the man said a fool and his money are soon parted.

£9 million? I fear the worst. What we're seeing now is a perfect storm for financial disaster - an increasingly desperate owner who is losing money at an unsustainable rate, a bloated squad of overpaid wasters, the club looking like crashing out of the league, and fans slowly giving up.

Hardy is rich, but he isn't rich enough to carry on this way. He could try and sell, but with the current playing squad and league position, who would buy? I can see a fire sale of playing staff over the summer, leaving us with a bare-bones squad of youth players and other assorted dross, and then another relegation battle, but this time in the Conference.

The only way we can possibly survive is for AH to spend even more money on a 2 or 3 quality signings, and for them to gel instantly, and for us to suddenly start getting ridiculously good luck. Can't see it happening, but the deeper he digs himself into a financial hole, the harder it will be to get out.

The fact he's back on Twitter shows that he simply does not learn. He's opening himself up to all sorts of negativity and anger from Notts fans, not to mention the ****tish keyboard warrior trolls from Mansfield and Forest, who will set up accounts purely to wind him up. These people want him to fail, and to fail spectacularly - why open yourself up to all that?

If our form doesn't pick up, it will be interesting to see what Hardy says in reaction to the 'will you continue to fund the club in the Conference' question, or the 'Doomsday Scenario', as he calls it. Fun times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    £9 million? I fear the worst. What we're seeing now is a perfect storm for financial disaster - an increasingly desperate owner who is losing money at an unsustainable rate, a bloated squad of overpaid wasters, the club looking like crashing out of the league, and fans slowly giving up.

Hardy is rich, but he isn't rich enough to carry on this way. He could try and sell, but with the current playing squad and league position, who would buy? I can see a fire sale of playing staff over the summer, leaving us with a bare-bones squad of youth players and other assorted dross, and then another relegation battle, but this time in the Conference.

The only way we can possibly survive is for AH to spend even more money on a 2 or 3 quality signings, and for them to gel instantly, and for us to suddenly start getting ridiculously good luck. Can't see it happening, but the deeper he digs himself into a financial hole, the harder it will be to get out.

The fact he's back on Twitter shows that he simply does not learn. He's opening himself up to all sorts of negativity and anger from Notts fans, not to mention the ****tish keyboard warrior trolls from Mansfield and Forest, who will set up accounts purely to wind him up. These people want him to fail, and to fail spectacularly - why open yourself up to all that?

If our form doesn't pick up, it will be interesting to see what Hardy says in reaction to the 'will you continue to fund the club in the Conference' question, or the 'Doomsday Scenario', as he calls it. Fun times ahead.
    What does anyone think the club is worth now?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    9m equates to £92500 a week under his tenure. There must be income in terms of gate and FL money, commercial money. Dong Da and Bearne brought in over half a million. We have no assets, we don't own the ground or have a training ground, the players are worthless apart from maybe Etete so AH is looking to sell what is the club worth? Would anyone want to risk buying a club in this position? Hardy has been poorly advised as I have said on many occasions but does he listen and is obviously a mug punter. He won't be very popular in April if this does not improve but as the man said a fool and his money are soon parted.
    If you think Etete is worth more than Hemmings and Enzio I'm not sure what to say to be honest...

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase or saying:
    HIS MONEY FOOL AND A ARE PARTED SOON

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast