+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: £9m

Big Al is seriously in meltdown mood on Twitter tonight. He's losing the plot.. big style

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    £9m to send the oldest league club out of the league after 131 years. Interesting that he’s blocked Fletcher, when he falls out with his mates he really falls out with them.

I wonder whether the likes of Trew get their money back when they sell up. I’m pretty sure DP did alright.
    I doubt Ray got half his money back. I dare say he was pleased to walk away with his sanity intact. It was reported at the time that Notts cost Alan 5 mill? when he bought the club + a couple of seasons of losses, (3mill?) and any improvements he's made around the place and you can soon see where 9 mill goes. Not to mention training grounds, etc. If I had serious money like Alan, the last thing on God's earth I would do is invest in a Footy Club, even my own. Down that road lies madness. Better off giving your dosh to charidy.

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5
    Last edited by countygump; 13-01-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Pretty sure both DP and Dunnett did OK with the rental payments they received for the "West Stand" over the years. The club has become a financial black hole for our last two chairmen, though - why is that? Delusions of grandeur because of the nice stadium rather than working from the reality of us being a pretty poorly supported, L1/L2 side?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Big Al is seriously in meltdown mood on Twitter tonight. He's losing the plot.. big style
    Toys out the pram.Used to having nodding dogs around him

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Hardly surprising, is it, especially with all the pissed-off Notts fans and wind-up merchants at large. The latter you can't do anything about. But the former is the reason to avoid Twitter if you're a football chairman. You're just going to get royally wound up and end up saying things you regret later - or end up regretting getting involved in buying the club in the first place. Bet you never get this kind of abuse when you run a golf club.

I said this yesterday he would start kicking off on Twitter he can’t help himself his problem is he thinks he knows it all and he doesn’t.

Both him and Trew hired people with little football knowledge in key roles still it isn’t nice for him to lose money but let’s face it you aren’t going to make anything at Notts we never sell anyone for a fee and we flip from one idea to the next within months.

We have no set plan of playing style or recruitment it’s no wonder we have been cr#p for years.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Hardly surprising, is it, especially with all the pissed-off Notts fans and wind-up merchants at large. The latter you can't do anything about. But the former is the reason to avoid Twitter if you're a football chairman. You're just going to get royally wound up and end up saying things you regret later - or end up regretting getting involved in buying the club in the first place. Bet you never get this kind of abuse when you run a golf club.
    Yeah,you would think he would have better things to be doing than sat in front of his phone looking at his twitter a/c calling people not real fans again.Never learns

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If it hits home, we are ****ed. Who the hell would spunk money running a football club, to be be told by keyboard warriors that they are idiots without a clue?
    Well quite!

Being a football club owner is a mug's game, hence why most of the people doing it are either football/sport fanatics or cynical asset strippers looking to make a fast buck. I'm sure Alan bought the club for all the right reasons, but I'd be surprised if he'd do the same again!

As you say, the only thing that unites the keyboard warriors who attack the owner is that 99% wouldn't have the ability to make the money Alan Hardy's made even if they had five lifetimes. If they did, then presumably they could buy the club off him and show everyone how running a football club should be done.

I think if you become a football club owner you've got to be ready to take constructive criticism from frustrated fans, even if it's from people who know relatively little about what's really going on. However, you shouldn't have to take abuse. The truly nasty element amongst our fans is very small I believe, and if they ever came out from behind their keyboards you would often find them to be unhappy or unsuccessful people who prefer to transfer that negativity onto others than look at themselves in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think if you become a football club owner you've got to be ready to take constructive criticism from frustrated fans, even if it's from people who know relatively little about what's really going on. However, you shouldn't have to take abuse. The truly nasty element amongst our fans is very small I believe, and if they ever came out from behind their keyboards you would often find them to be unhappy or unsuccessful people who prefer to transfer that negativity onto others than look at themselves in the mirror.
    You say that but he's taking the oldest league club in the world into non-league. IMO he deserves a few home truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You say that but he's taking the oldest league club in the world into non-league. IMO he deserves a few home truths.
    Yes and I would hope the 'home truths' are in the form of constructive criticism. I'm not saying fans should be happy clappers or nodding dogs, but I've got no time for the small minority who spit vitriol and abuse at the owner, because whatever mistakes he may have made, he certainly doesn't deserve that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast