+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: £9m

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    If that’s a correct figure then it’s all been p1$$ed up the wall on dud advice from clueless tv commentators etc etc
    Fletcher was probably used for contacts which COULD have been useful but he is a bloke who watches premier league and champions league football so what advice can he give on league two players when he doesn’t watch them on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    AH saying on twitter he has pumped into the club
    I presume this is the total investment (or as Ray Trew put it the black hole) made in the club including all the debts incurred or passed over from the Trew era?

So breaking this down there will be the upgrades around the club in infrastructure such as the conference and banqueting facilities, the gym / sports hall under the Family Stand and also the Players Changing room. These improvements are like what someone would do when they move into a new house.

Then there will be the costs associated with playing side which will presumably be the largest financial outlay and include all salaries for the coaches, managers and players that have been at the club in the past two years. Unfortunately this will be inflated because of the financial cost of the departure of Kevin Nolan, the appointment of Kewell and the departure of Kewell. Then there are the contracts of the players signed this summer.

I imagine the club will still be losing £X per week, month and year which I can’t remember what figure was quoted by AH when he took over, so there will also be that shortfall that needs to be plugged on a constant basis.

Obviously as a supporter I’m greatful and appreciative of all that Alan Hardy has done to help progress the club. He has made mistakes which have had significant financial costs, but it’s his money and as a rookie chairman I guess it can be expected. I don’t think there is any doubt about his effort and commitment in wanting what is best for the club and putting his money where his mouth is when backing his managers.

However he has been badly let down by those whom were involved in the playing side as I don’t think anyone envisaged how much things would collapse on the field from the start of 2018 all the way through to now. I know some people will say “well he employed them”, but at the end of the day you employ experts in roles beyond your own capacity to take that responsibly and the old adage of you don’t have a dog and bark yourself is true in this respect. The players, coaches and former managers have to be accountable and take their share for the reasons and blame behind our current plight. It can’t all be on the shoulders of the chairman even though the buck does stop with him. He has admitted he’s made mistakes and appears to be doing everything he can to rectify them by bringing in Paul Hart and Neal Ardley.

Anyway it all started to fall apart for me when we lost 8-1 to Swansea in the FA Cup 4th round replay on 06/02/18. We’ve never been the same on the field since then.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 13-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Fletcher was probably used for contacts which COULD have been useful but he is a bloke who watches premier league and champions league football so what advice can he give on league two players when he doesn’t watch them on a regular basis.
    Not much it seems:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  18.3 KB

His Accountant won't be happy.Told him not to buy Notts' & to have spunked that kind of money away won't look good.Now saying we can.t afford to fix the scoreboard as he is spending 50k on players

His Accountant won't be happy.Told him not to buy Notts' & to have spunked that kind of money away won't look good.Now saying we can.t afford to fix the scoreboard as he is spending 50k on players
    One of his better decisions, IMHAHO.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    One of his better decisions, IMHAHO.
    You sure,given what has been spent this season?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not much it seems:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  18.3 KB
    woooooo.... I thought they were best mates?

You sure,given what has been spent this season?
    Whatever he has spent this season has been largely ineffectual. IMO, there's only one thing that's gonna save us this season and that's Al's chequebook, not the players we currently have on the pitch.

£9m to send the oldest league club out of the league after 131 years. Interesting that he’s blocked Fletcher, when he falls out with his mates he really falls out with them.

I wonder whether the likes of Trew get their money back when they sell up. I’m pretty sure DP did alright.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    £9m to send the oldest league club out of the league after 131 years. Interesting that he’s blocked Fletcher, when he falls out with his mates he really falls out with them.

I wonder whether the likes of Trew get their money back when they sell up. I’m pretty sure DP did alright.
    Thought Fletchers wife was on the board or is that someone else?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast