+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we create yet another unwanted record..

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    How? Are we going to employ Merlin the Magician?
    He’s waiting in the wings

Seriously though Warney has been put under pressure (can tell by his remarks) now he will see that he needs to start being bold and start changing the tactics.
    He’s no choice he has to do something
    Warney is a nice guy (so I’m told) he’s a good man management and he’s got some good players imo but his tactics are letting him down.
    Seriously are his assistant/s talking to him, is he listening?

His one up front can work only if he puts the right number 10 in the team (that is 100% not Williams) his wingers have got to be quicker and get up to help out, we have got to defend from the front with players in our half instead of sitting back and inviting problems.

You watch the games back Warney, open your eyes to the obvious, seek help (psychological) for yourself because it seems you need it.

You might think some fans are being harsh but we want you to do well but we also want our club to do well and if it’s not happening we will let you know, you’ve been here long enough to know this
    Last edited by millertop; 14-01-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He’s waiting in the wings

Seriously though Warney has been put under pressure (can tell by his remarks) now he will see that he needs to start being bold and start changing the tactics.
    He’s no choice he has to do something
    Warney is a nice guy (so I’m told) he’s a good man management and he’s got some good players imo but his tactics are letting him down.
    Seriously are his assistant/s talking to him, is he listening?

His one up front can work only if he puts the right number 10 in the team (that is 100% not Williams) his wingers have got to be quicker and get up to help out, we have got to defend from the front with players in our half instead of sitting back and inviting problems.

You watch the games back Warney, open your eyes to the obvious, seek help (psychological) for yourself because it seems you need it.

You might think some fans are being harsh but we want you to do well but we also want our club to do well and if it’s not happening we will let you know, you’ve been here long enough to know this
    Good post MT.
    Hope Warney does change things and I also hope he signs someone who can play as a number 10.
    David Ball isn't the answer because he's just not strong enough.

Been to Bolton and Ipswich away games... need I say more about those? Newell, one of our few "Championship quality" players is now burgered. Without some new players and new tactics, an away win for this season is looking very unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Been to Bolton and Ipswich away games... need I say more about those? Newell, one of our few "Championship quality" players is now burgered. Without some new players and new tactics, an away win for this season is looking very unlikely
    I don’t think Newell has been 100% fit in last two season, he can do a lot better than what he’s been doing we know that.
    I thought (if he was fit) he’d be a better option in the 10 role than Williams, even Vassell would do a better job there, just not Williams

Bottom line is Warne wants to play one up front. We'll if that's so then Smith needs midfield to push on to support. Williams is only effective out wide, Newell as we hear is crocked, but he's only effective when he comes off the bench. For me Towell needs to be pushed more forward and I feel Vassell has been a big loss during his injury. Also we need to stop conceding goals down our right flank, that means playing Jones or getting a new right back in.

Do you know what's wrong with Newell?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Do you know what's wrong with Newell?
    It was a calf problem when he went off at Norwich - not sure if this is the same injury flaring up, or something else

It was a calf problem when he went off at Norwich - not sure if this is the same injury flaring up, or something else
    Thanks Mike.
    As has already been said, there's clearly been something wrong with Newell for a while. If he starts a game he rarely lasts more than 70 minutes but he's at his most effective if he comes off the bench for the last 20 minutes or so.
    Not what you'd call value for money for a professional footballer and the situation is made even worse because we have a small squad with precious little quality in it so we can't really afford passengers.

Think it’s groin issues with Newell

Desperate men take desperate measures. Sometimes they pay off. More than often they fail..

All Warne needs to do is start the best 11 and go back to the team that took us on the unbeaten run.
    As mentioned that's Williams out wide. Vassell out left (when fit) 3 solid midfielder's. Faster Support for Smith..
    Robertson has been good at the back but we have lost woods set piece goals and old head for experience. Either slot him back in or play Jones for the experience. Or in desperate times both of them (wisely)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast