+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we create yet another unwanted record..

Will we create yet another unwanted record..

By becoming the first club to spend two seasons in the Championship without winning a single away match?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    By becoming the first club to spend two seasons in the Championship without winning a single away match?
    Yes.

No.

It will get sorted

Lots of away games to get that win....Millwall, Sheffield Utd , stoke to name a few.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No.

It will get sorted
    How? Are we going to employ Merlin the Magician?

Millwall very poor yesterday against Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No.

It will get sorted
    Thats the spirit... 🤩

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    This is a 50/50 can I phone a friend?

I've had to leave a voicemail......

'Hi Pep it's Brin from Rotherham. You know those fringe players that ripped us to s.hit, can we borrow 4 of em please?

If Pep comes back to me and says yes, then we'll win at least two away games. Should he fail to call me back, then we will be the laughing stock of the football world.

It must be constantly on the players' minds now every time we travel. Away day = nil points. It's become a culture that has almost been accepted and will be very difficult to shake off. I can't understand how we can be so bad away from home? They're playing on a pitch like any other pitch against even numbers of men. We can gain points at home against these teams. It has to be the way we're setting up. Picking a team and tactics to try and avoid defeat first and foremost. This has got to stop now. We've had a few teams on the wrack away from home at times. Usually when we're chasing the game, like yesterday, but it proves we can have a go. It's time to start away games in that manner and revert to the shutters down approach as a plan B.
    Just out of interest, has a team ever stayed up without winning away at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    It must be constantly on the players' minds now every time we travel. Away day = nil points. It's become a culture that has almost been accepted and will be very difficult to shake off. I can't understand how we can be so bad away from home? They're playing on a pitch like any other pitch against even numbers of men. We can gain points at home against these teams. It has to be the way we're setting up. Picking a team and tactics to try and avoid defeat first and foremost. This has got to stop now. We've had a few teams on the wrack away from home at times. Usually when we're chasing the game, like yesterday, but it proves we can have a go. It's time to start away games in that manner and revert to the shutters down approach as a plan B.
    Just out of interest, has a team ever stayed up without winning away at this level?
    Well the struggles of winning away from home are well documented in just about every sport in every country so obviously the formula to overcome those struggles is by no means a simple one. However, we are a chronic case and to put it in perspective, the 3 teams that got relegated from the Championship last year won 14 times away from home. OK, 5 of those were them beating each other but to get anywhere near those numbers we need to win 4-5 times in our remaining away games. GULP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast