+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Happens at 4.10pm?

What Happens at 4.10pm?

Last two home games I've been to the away team has played us off the park looking like a team of Brazillians on a good day (no doubt saying more about Notts than the other team). Then about ten minutes into the second half we suddenly wake up, play football, defend and have a real go. Definitely too little too late this weekend. We actually look alright when we do this. Any theory why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Last two home games I've been to the away team has played us off the park looking like a team of Brazillians on a good day (no doubt saying more about Notts than the other team). Then about ten minutes into the second half we suddenly wake up, play football, defend and have a real go. Definitely too little too late this weekend. We actually look alright when we do this. Any theory why this is happening?
    I believe the infamous Gypsy's Curse was effected by the creation of a 70 minute timewarp in the home dressing room, thus allowing the players to believe that the period between them coming out of the tunnel and 4.10pm is just a very long warm-up. At 4.10pm they imagine it's now 3.00pm and kick off has just occurred. I've come to the conclusion that the fact they leave the pitch 70 minutes before this should cause them to is because they have collectively given up by what they believe to be 3.35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I believe the infamous Gypsy's Curse was effected by the creation of a 70 minute timewarp in the home dressing room, thus allowing the players to believe that the period between them coming out of the tunnel and 4.10pm is just a very long warm-up. At 4.10pm they imagine it's now 3.00pm and kick off has just occurred. I've come to the conclusion that the fact they leave the pitch 70 minutes before this should cause them to is because they have collectively given up by what they believe to be 3.35pm.

Train leaves for Yuma? Sorry that's 3.10, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Train leaves for Yuma? Sorry that's 3.10, my bad.
    No, you're thinking of High Noon.