+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Forest refuse loan request for Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You are aware he did join us when we were 23rd and did well for us I think the other way if you are a good player you will shine amongst cr#p !

I am surprised he didn’t go to a team in league one on loan again but yes Forest are right to send him to Mansfield over us at this moment.
    good point and post to boot.
    Glad Grant is close to home.

I cant see what all the fuss is about with Grant. He had a few good months for Notts' initially then faded badly. he has been in and out of Lutons side this season and his meager goal return has continued in the fashion in which he left Notts. Its clear based on what I can see that his initial form for Notts' was not his normal form and he certainly is not the type of player required now. We need a target man and bruisers to bully the opposition who are vocal and give everything. grants a talented player for sure but if it's a choice between him and some hard hitting players its the latter every time at the moment. Give me no Grant and 2 more O'Brien's please.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Oh, you've bought into the conspiracy theory *******s the Florist fans made up too then? For f***'s sake grow up. It's business. If they're going to deal dirty re. Yates and lie re. Grant going to League One then my preference is they go f*** themselves anyway!
    They didn't "deal dirty" regarding Yates, that's as made up of a conspiracy thoery as Hardy and Forest's relationship, Yates asked to go to S****horpe, end of story, it was his decision and we have no idea whether Hardy was told Grant was "apparently going to a League 1 club" or not other than Hardy's word but saying "apparently" doesn't seem like it was concrete info.

We did decide to have friendlies againsty Derby and Leicester and he advertised them as the biggest teams in the east midlands though, that's no coincidence, so we do have evidence of him being petty, along with what he was saying at the time Yates left

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Not sure why he came back from Luton but I agree with these comments.

No great loss in the scheme of things.
    Luton weren't playing him, that's why, no point him being on loan somewhere to warm their bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    They didn't "deal dirty" regarding Yates, that's as made up of a conspiracy thoery as Hardy and Forest's relationship, Yates asked to go to S****horpe, end of story, it was his decision and we have no idea whether Hardy was told Grant was "apparently going to a League 1 club" or not other than Hardy's word but saying "apparently" doesn't seem like it was concrete info.

We did decide to have friendlies againsty Derby and Leicester and he advertised them as the biggest teams in the east midlands though, that's no coincidence, so we do have evidence of him being petty, along with what he was saying at the time Yates left
    I bow to your clearly better inside info re. Yates' 'recall after verbal promise' and also the Grant 're-loan story'. However, Derby and Leicester are the two biggest in the East Midlands in recent years, that's just footballing fact isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I bow to your clearly better inside info re. Yates' 'recall after verbal promise' and also the Grant 're-loan story'. However, Derby and Leicester are the two biggest in the East Midlands in recent years, that's just footballing fact isn't it?
    Yep its fact.

Was there any benefit to Notts in rubbing that in Florists faces? Erm no there wasn't.

But the friendlies and what he said about them were clearly a dig at Forest, which was stupid. (and for what it's worth i do have "inside info" confirming that it went down like a ton of bricks)

The Yates thing isn't inside info, it was reported by various people, Kevin Nolan being one of them, that Yates was given the choice and wanted to play in League One, which he did well by all accounts.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Grant 're-loan story', it's not up for debate that he wasn't getting in Luton's team and we don't know if Hardy just presumed Grant would be going to League 1 because he was told he was unavailable to us, we'll find out if he speaks about it, which knowing him he likes to talk about things that should probably be kept private so it won't be long.

I really can't see Forest flat out lieing to Hardy and telling him that Jorge was definitely going to a League One club only to then loan him to Mansfield, I think it was either a guess or an excuse but either way it's backfired and made him look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    But the friendlies and what he said about them were clearly a dig at Forest, which was stupid. (and for what it's worth i do have "inside info" confirming that it went down like a ton of bricks)

The Yates thing isn't inside info, it was reported by various people, Kevin Nolan being one of them, that Yates was given the choice and wanted to play in League One, which he did well by all accounts.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Grant 're-loan story', it's not up for debate that he wasn't getting in Luton's team and we don't know if Hardy just presumed Grant would be going to League 1 because he was told he was unavailable to us, we'll find out if he speaks about it, which knowing him he likes to talk about things that should probably be kept private so it won't be long.

I really can't see Forest flat out lieing to Hardy and telling him that Jorge was definitely going to a League One club only to then loan him to Mansfield, I think it was either a guess or an excuse but either way it's backfired and made him look stupid.
    Yes I don't have inside info and you clearly do. No edge to me saying so. I didn't mean anything by 're-loan story' except making reference to the story. Bit touchy today aren't you? Not getting any or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    After the slight hitch of the Karanka departure, it looks like it's finally about to be taken over the line. Great news for us.

Got to question what's going on with Hardy and Forest though. Clearly the relationship was ruined last season and now he thinks it's OK to go to them and bid for Grant. They've rejected him and let him come to Stags and he's publicly humiliated himself.
    Staggy have you seen Grants stats this season. 17 games . 1 assist 2 goals. Sent home as not good enough for Luton and not good enough for Notts after Yates left either as frequently dropped to the bench. He's not all that. Good luck and all but if you think Alan has humiliated himself over this he hasn't. He certainly has humiliated himself by spending 9 million on Notts though.

Seems the Forest lads want to lend us all their players (Well Danny Fox) to get us out of this mess 😅 Even on about crowd funding

https://twitter.com/jitzjani/status/...370848775?s=21

Fans make me smile,, Grant hasn't come to us some don't need him. If he had signed for us many would be having orgasms and he would be the new messiah.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast