+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest refuse loan request for Grant.

Good signing for Mansfield, although it’s a strange move for Grant. Not getting a game at L1 Luton, you’d think he’d be looking to stay in that league rather than drop down. Sure to score at Meadow Lane next month anyway.

There was a good quote about Grant on the Totally Football League podcast from Adrian Clarke. He watched him a few times at Notts and said he did absolutely nothing in a game but would then pop up with a goal. Every team needs a player like that (the Lineker Syndrome: Does nothing but score goals - lots of them).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    When did Grant play against Wimbledon?

They were in L1 last season (and have been since 2016-17 season)

Earlier this season for Luton?

The footballing gods are really taking the piss now. They’ll be signing Yates next.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    When did Grant play against Wimbledon?

They were in L1 last season (and have been since 2016-17 season)
    Presumed he would have played them in his first loan here or this season for Luton but you're right, they were already promoted when he got here and wasn't in the squad when Luton played them. Either way, he was the top scorer in League 2 for a while last season, every team in League One will have known who he was at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The footballing gods are really taking the piss now. They’ll be signing Yates next.
    I know, it's beyond belief at this point. I'm trying to work out what the next twist in the plot will be. Them signing Yates and both Grant and Yates scoring at ML - would that be enough?

Notts signing Yates is probably the only thing that might stop Alan Hardy being lynched on Twitter this week. He really needs to get off for the rest of the season at least, otherwise that way madness lies. I can just imagine him being distracted at work meetings as he responds to the latest abusive tweet. A very unhealthy addiction, just like mine to Notts.

Forest aren’t going to do any deals with us it seems very clear but if you are in Grants shoes Stags are a better career move now.

We need to forget about Forest anyway there is a number of clubs who we can sign players from.

I think we need to be looking for a different type of player to Grant anyway someone in the mould of Matt at Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Notts signing Yates is probably the only thing that might stop Alan Hardy being lynched on Twitter this week. He really needs to get off for the rest of the season at least, otherwise that way madness lies. I can just imagine him being distracted at work meetings as he responds to the latest abusive tweet. A very unhealthy addiction, just like mine to Notts.

Sound advice, I fully agree. Let's see if he shows his face on tw@tter tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What makes people think Yates would have any intention of joining us again? He didn't want to be here when we were near the top of League 2 last season so why he'd come back now I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    What makes people think Yates would have any intention of joining us again? He didn't want to be here when we were near the top of League 2 last season so why he'd come back now I don't know.
    He won't. I fear that this tranny window is going to turn into the 'busted flush' that I thought it might well do and without an influx of decent players, we are surely Non-League bound. What worries me is the toxic cloud that will no doubt settle over Meadow lane in a few weeks time. Bad enough we lose our league status, worse still if the tw@tter loons and deadbeats alienate the man who's paying the bills.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast