+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Forest refuse loan request for Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I know, it's getting boring now. Whether it's the 'I wish them nothing but pain and misery' fans on Stagsnet or the 'I really have nothing against Notts' fans that come on here when things are going badly, it's all just different shades of the same thing - reveling in others' misery.

For those that find the slow death of a once great football club amusing or pleasurable in some way - I absolutely pity you.
    Oh don't be so melodramatic. You're all using words like 'demise' and 'abyss' like it's the end of everything. Every set of fans of a team that goes down to the Conference say that, but as we are proof, it really isn't the end of the world you think it is. We were in a much worse state off the pitch when we went down. We did 5 years and came back stronger. Most teams do exactly that too. I do think you'll go down and I do know how it feels, but have some perspective. It's just a relegation, not the death sentence it used to be.

And I'm not here to gloat. I actually do wish Notts well. It's only Hardy I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Oh don't be so melodramatic. You're all using words like 'demise' and 'abyss' like it's the end of everything. Every set of fans of a team that goes down to the Conference say that, but as we are proof, it really isn't the end of the world you think it is. We were in a much worse state off the pitch when we went down. We did 5 years and came back stronger. Most teams do exactly that too. I do think you'll go down and I do know how it feels, but have some perspective. It's just a relegation, not the death sentence it used to be.

And I'm not here to gloat. I actually do wish Notts well. It's only Hardy I dislike.

With a bit of luck, the 'Vanarama' will be recognized as Football League Div 3 for the start of the 2019-20 season. If one thing is true, every time a new division has been introduced, we've dropped down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We need someone who can take a decent corner and free kick.
    Okay, since you mention that - let's see... what do we are lack: uh... pace, strength, fitness, creativity, skills generally.

Apart from that we are okay. I think signing another seven quality players we could stay up.

We also need players who will get us corners and in positions to get decent free-kick opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Forest would laugh Hardy off the phone again anyway.
    Oh, you've bought into the conspiracy theory *******s the Florist fans made up too then? For f***'s sake grow up. It's business. If they're going to deal dirty re. Yates and lie re. Grant going to League One then my preference is they go f*** themselves anyway!

Grant is a nice lad, good footballer and so on but he isn't built for the battle we're in! I bet Ardley siad something along the lines of 'if he's cheap I'll have him but don't blow a load of money on a luxury player Al, we need it for the war chest'

I'll see your Grant and raise you Kellett.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Oh, you've bought into the conspiracy theory *******s the Florist fans made up too then? For f***'s sake grow up. It's business.
    Exactly. The reason Grant won't be coming back has nothing to do with any supposed feuds, it's because Forest want to try and progress the player, and he won't do that with a team at the arse end of League 2. I would have thought they would have looked for a loan to League 1, but maybe they are realising that's likely to be at the upper end of Grant's real capability. I don't think he has a hope in hell of making it in the Championship, his all round game is nowhere near the standard required.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Exactly. The reason Grant won't be coming back has nothing to do with any supposed feuds, it's because Forest want to try and progress the player, and he won't do that with a team at the arse end of League 2. I would have thought they would have looked for a loan to League 1, but maybe they are realising that's likely to be at the upper end of Grant's real capability. I don't think he has a hope in hell of making it in the Championship, his all round game is nowhere near the standard required.
    Not sure why he came back from Luton but I agree with these comments.

No great loss in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It was annoying when Forest fans were telling us Grant was carrying us last season because even in games he scored in his overall performance was often average at best, he wouldn't do much during a lot of games but would end up scoring out of nothing and his set peices are decent too. If that sounds like the kind of player you're missing he'll do well, as far as wingers go I think Enzio is a far better player but I would have loved to have had both in our team
    fact that playing for a team rock bottom of the football league seems to bring the player to that level, Forest did the right thing moving him up a peg with slightly better players 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    fact that playing for a team rock bottom of the football league seems to bring the player to that level, Forest did the right thing moving him up a peg with slightly better players 🙂
    You are aware he did join us when we were 23rd and did well for us I think the other way if you are a good player you will shine amongst cr#p !

I am surprised he didn’t go to a team in league one on loan again but yes Forest are right to send him to Mansfield over us at this moment.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast