+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milsom

Jesus wept.....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Jesus wept.....
    Well they did stick nails in him.

I might be the only one seemingly not devastated by this news, when Kewell signed him it was pretty much met with universal approval because we lacked midfielders like him because Nolan got rid of them all. He's in cr*p form at the moment but who isn't? He still offers more than a lot of the central midfielders we have even if he is cr*p, thanks to Nolan we have nobody better other than O'Brien and surprisingly enough we'll need more than him in midfield.

I did see Milsom eating his lunch in a hipster/vegan type place in Notts after his red card earlier in the season which took him down a notch in my book as the food there was f*cking awful

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I might be the only one seemingly not devastated by this news, when Kewell signed him it was pretty much met with universal approval because we lacked midfielders like him because Nolan got rid of them all. He's in cr*p form at the moment but who isn't? He still offers more than a lot of the central midfielders we have even if he is cr*p, thanks to Nolan we have nobody better other than O'Brien and surprisingly enough we'll need more than him in midfield.

I did see Milsom eating his lunch in a hipster/vegan type place in Notts after his red card earlier in the season which took him down a notch in my book as the food there was f*cking awful
    I am also undevastated at us re-signing our player of the season from 2017. Saying that, if he's eating awful food in hipster hangouts he really should go straight on the transfer list regardless. FGR perhaps?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-01-2019 at 12:21 AM.

No, you're not the only one.

I agree with your comments although I can't really comment on his choice of restaurant!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I am also undevastated at us re-signing our player of the season from 2017. Saying that, if he's eating awful food in hipster hangouts he really should go straight on the transfer list regardless. FGR perhaps?
    Firstly, in the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king, Secondly, this isn't 2017. He's now 32, and if he wasn't even good enough for KN, what does that tell you? Having said that, maybe he doesn't drink.

I can only go on what I see, and he was the worst of a very bad bunch on Saturday, Beyond awful, he offered nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Firstly, in the country of the blind, the one eyed man is king, Secondly, this isn't 2017. He's now 32, and if he wasn't even good enough for KN, what does that tell you? Having said that, maybe he doesn't drink.

I can only go on what I see, and he was the worst of a very bad bunch on Saturday, Beyond awful, he offered nothing.
    Michael O'Connor and Adam Collin weren't good enough for Kevin Nolan and both would walk into this team ahead of players who supposedly were good enough like Patching, Husin, Crawford, Fitzsimons, Pindroch, Vaughan etc so Kevin Nolan's opinion can do one as far as I'm concerned.

The three best signings he made fell in his lap, Yates and Grant performed well against us in friendlies for Forest and Shola was his mate that basically came out of retirement for him. After that you're looking at Enzio, who he had to spend a crazy amount of money on in League 2 terms and was probably more to do with Jason Turner's links to Crawley and the fact they tend see us coming waving cash around fairly often and jump at the chance to sell, see Izale McLeod and Harry Kewell.

How about we judge him on his form this season? I can recall 2 decent games in about 20, so if we’re lucky we’ve got two more OK performances to look forward to as we head out of the league.

He’s clearly shown himself to be part of the problem, not the solution. Creates nothing, can’t win a tackle, can’t pass the ball forward, can’t win a header, has no pace. Other than that, though, he’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Michael O'Connor and Adam Collin weren't good enough for Kevin Nolan and both would walk into this team ahead of players who supposedly were good enough like Patching, Husin, Crawford, Fitzsimons, Pindroch, Vaughan etc so Kevin Nolan's opinion can do one as far as I'm concerned.
    Fair point, but he believed that an arm round the shoulder could turn a crap player into a good one, but even he gave up on Milsom. I think he wanted both O'Connor and Collin but he blew his budget on his team of 'stars' and there was none left.

But my main point is, Milsom offers nothing right now, regardless of 2017. I saw him for myself on Saturday and I can't think of a worse central midfielder we've ever had, on that performance, when it mattered to save us from non-league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Fair point, but he believed that an arm round the shoulder could turn a crap player into a good one, but even he gave up on Milsom. I think he wanted both O'Connor and Collin but he blew his budget on his team of 'stars' and there was none left.

But my main point is, Milsom offers nothing right now, regardless of 2017. I saw him for myself on Saturday and I can't think of a worse central midfielder we've ever had, on that performance, when it mattered to save us from non-league.
    I hate to say it but if we get a right back in, we can shift Hewitt beside O'Brien and at least we have legs, Hewitt can't tackle but he might do a bit of running forward and O'Brien can shout at him to get him into shape as a midfielder? But I think Milsom is shot now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast