+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Milsom

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Bob Grant was Jack the clippie in “On the Buses.” Quite a tragic life story, if his Wikipedia page is accurate:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Grant_(actor)
    Oh dear. Thats is a sad read. ☹

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Oh dear. Thats is a sad read. ☹
    So is this, unfortunately.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-g...box=1547573943

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I hate to say it but if we get a right back in, we can shift Hewitt beside O'Brien and at least we have legs, Hewitt can't tackle but he might do a bit of running forward and O'Brien can shout at him to get him into shape as a midfielder? But I think Milsom is shot now
    Still annoyed that we've ended up with Milsom and let Turley go especially after Ardleys comments about players being up for the fight. Don't think Milsom on his performances is but Turley though not the most skillful at least showed some determination and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Fair point, but he believed that an arm round the shoulder could turn a crap player into a good one, but even he gave up on Milsom. I think he wanted both O'Connor and Collin but he blew his budget on his team of 'stars' and there was none left.

But my main point is, Milsom offers nothing right now, regardless of 2017. I saw him for myself on Saturday and I can't think of a worse central midfielder we've ever had, on that performance, when it mattered to save us from non-league.
    What about Curtis Thompson playing and scoring in the league above, didn't KN get rid of him also?

[QUOTE=countygump;39116516]So is this, unfortunately.

" Sleepwalking towards the cliff edge and, try as they might, can’t wake from their doomed slumber."

Perfectly put. In the fishing world this team is like a bream. Gets its head out of the water and shes in the net. Wheres Geoff Pike when we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I hate to say it but if we get a right back in, we can shift Hewitt beside O'Brien and at least we have legs, Hewitt can't tackle but he might do a bit of running forward and O'Brien can shout at him to get him into shape as a midfielder? But I think Milsom is shot now
    This exactly. We need a RB. Tootle is finished (I keep saying this) and Ox is a bit lightweight. Hewitt and O'Brien doesn't seem so bad in CM

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    We need a RB. Tootle is finished (I keep saying this)
    I do hope this gets printed out and pinned on the wall of the rehabilitation gym for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I do hope this gets printed out and pinned on the wall of the rehabilitation gym for him.
    Trust me Swale. I'm normally quite a positive person, but with his injuries and other off field problems, it wouldn't surprise me if he drops to non league next year (lower than Vanarama where we'll be!) He's not performed well once this season in his handful of games. Sorry. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Trust me Swale. I'm normally quite a positive person, but with his injuries and other off field problems, it wouldn't surprise me if he drops to non league next year (lower than Vanarama where we'll be!) He's not performed well once this season in his handful of games. Sorry. Hope I'm wrong.
    Would love to see him back to his old self so fingers crossed eh.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yeah, he can bet on whether it's true or not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast