Somebody mentioned the other day that the scoreboard isn't working (despite working for the England ladies) and there is no flag on the pole. Also the training ground we were promised is about as organised as Brexit. Flash back to the Alan Hardy of a year ago. He was all about fine margins and little details...there is no way he would have allowed that for the biggest crowd of the season.

It strikes me that he has lost his appetite for this. Maybe due to the cost involved, maybe because everything he has tried has come back to haunt him. I'm not a fan of his personally, but jeez i feel sorry for him. He has invested heavily and has absolutely nothing to show for it. It couldn't have gone much worse this season.

The crowd on Saturday was the quietest I have ever known. They didn't muster one song, except for a brief chant of 'County', ironically cheered by the Cambridge fans. I don't think we, as fans, have the stomach for this either. Too many great escapes, too many rubbish teams to cheer. Have we thrown in the towel?