+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Allergies

Food Allergies

Before we get involved with the in's and out's and up's and down's of food allergies.

WHY THE F'UCK would anyone with a dangerous food allergy buy crap food from a crap takeaway and then expect to be protected?

Food allergies tell me about it .

10 year battle with it being a constant cough from morning to night even lying in my bed at night coughing for a full 20 mins before i would sleep was fine in the morning till I started my teas and flakes .

Back and fore to the docs asthma checks etc . Wasn't untill my daughter told me to cut down on dairy as I was veggie then became vegan soya milk egg free what a difference change of direction now totally vegan .
    Life is so much better now.. Was a daily hell living with that cough food allergy..
    Last edited by Disco Buc; 14-01-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Before we get involved with the in's and out's and up's and down's of food allergies.

WHY THE F'UCK would anyone with a dangerous food allergy buy crap food from a crap takeaway and then expect to be protected?
    100% agreed.

Case in the news recently, poor lassie with a known allergy, 18yr old or something buys a sandwich from Pret a Monge and has a severe reaction to it and dies. Her parents then tried and failed to sue so then campaigned to make Pret label their sandwiches clearer. The girl had a known serious allergy to nuts or whatever it was but still gambled and unfortunately never made it thru her lunch break. Shame but f&ck off trying to blame anyone other than the poor girl. Apparently the label was pretty vague with the ingredients so surely that's her cue to put the sanny down and buy something she knows for sure probably wont kill her.

A Dons fan took a bad reaction after eating something coming back from Madrid & we had to get diverted to Heathrow. White knuckle ride on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    100% agreed.

Case in the news recently, poor lassie with a known allergy, 18yr old or something buys a sandwich from Pret a Monge and has a severe reaction to it and dies. Her parents then tried and failed to sue so then campaigned to make Pret label their sandwiches clearer. The girl had a known serious allergy to nuts or whatever it was but still gambled and unfortunately never made it thru her lunch break. Shame but f&ck off trying to blame anyone other than the poor girl. Apparently the label was pretty vague with the ingredients so surely that's her cue to put the sanny down and buy something she knows for sure probably wont kill her.
    The bad press Pret got from that was shocking.

They did absolutley nothing wrong at all. It was labelled to within the laws of stuff made on site needed to be

It was the girls fault at the end of the day. Terrible that she died. An error on her part all the same.

I work with a boy with a fish allergy and hes very very careful when it comes to eating. Im sure alot of others are the same as him with their allergies. Nuts or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    A Dons fan took a bad reaction after eating something coming back from Madrid & we had to get diverted to Heathrow. White knuckle ride on the way down.
    That wasn't a food allergy, that was an alcohol induced panic attack. The descent was fine, you were just being a big jessie because you don't like flying.

I'd an aborted landing in Paris last week, that was fun.

Allergies worry me, we used not to have them now we do.

It's industrial farming methods that people are allergic to.

I'm a great believer in natural selection, if wheat was a problem all the allergic people would have died off centuries ago.

Dairy is probably different but even then mass production techniques are not helping.

Back to the original point though, I see Just Eat are the latest to be slagged.
    No skin off my nose because if you're so f'uckin lazy you want someone else to deliver your food for you then you deserve all you get, sounds too upper class to me, get a skivvie to serve you.

But then to complain because some curry / burger/ s'hite has got gluten in it is just a f'uckin joke.

Buy your raw ingredients from somewhere you trust, then learn to f'uckin cook.

W'ankers.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No skin off my nose because if you're so f'uckin lazy you want someone else to deliver your food for you then you deserve all you get, sounds too upper class to me, get a skivvie to serve you.

But then to complain because some curry / burger/ s'hite has got gluten in it is just a f'uckin joke.

Buy your raw ingredients from somewhere you trust, then learn to f'uckin cook.

W'ankers.
    Well put. If you u have allergies and you have your food delivered you dont care too much about your allergies

Also cooking is great. Currently whipping up tuna steaks, homemade salsa and chill corn on the cobs. Simple as f@ck and very satisfying

As is the bottle of Padeberger thats "helping" me cook

More people have allergies becasue they are too clean. You need some dirt when you are a kid to get your immune system working properly.

And those people with potentially fatal food allergies should make their own food if they want to stay alive, some of them are right lazy numpties.

Surprised I've not read on here "allergies are for poofs" yet. Standards are slipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast