+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snelders

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye Watt was ahead of him.

Who funny enough ended up at the huns too in a coaching capacity
    Aye, job for life after he allowed that greasy Hateley to upset him in the game that shall not be mentioned...

Obviously I’d rather he never ended up there but I don’t have any ill feeling towards Snelders at all. We had his best years & he really only went there for the free money. Also seem to remember he said some lovely words about AFC, in an interview in the hun match program. That would’ve went down a treat.

Theo’s a proper Dons legend

Certainly do not feel the same sense of ire against Theo (strangely enough nor Wright) than I do against Robertson and the Rat. In his pomp I would never have swapped him for that alcoholic blob Goram, yet when he went to the snakepit he did so to be second choice to him. Guess money does talk.

What really boils my piss is that somebody (Aitken?) could ever come to the conclusion that Watt was ever a better keeper. He wasn't even old when we sold him to oldco......was only 32

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post

What really boils my piss is that somebody (Aitken?) could ever come to the conclusion that Watt was ever a better keeper. He wasn't even old when we sold him to oldco......was only 32
    I think Theo had his head turned....maybe by wedge maybe by something else, but at the time I recall he was defo agitating his way out.

He was also never the same keeper after McCscum did his assault.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think Theo had his head turned....maybe by wedge maybe by something else, but at the time I recall he was defo agitating his way out.

He was also never the same keeper after McCscum did his assault.
    Didn't he walk off during the team photograph?

As a young loon Theo was my favorite player. Really saying something as I generally hated playing in goals!

He was a collossus in between the sticks. Loved watching him from the Merkland.

We have had some decent keepers since then , including the Legend Jim Leighton returning for his second spell, but i never actively enjoyed watching them like i did Snelders.

My dad won some competition and got 3 JVC kids kits. Home , away and goalkeeper. The Theo goalkeeper was my favorite and wore it constantly. I loved the massive albow pads for diving about!

Saddened but not angry when he moved to ' them'. It almost made it easier he didnt play much.

Legend!

I'm old enough to remember him being tapped up by the Huns spitting his dummy out because we wouldn't let him go . Playing ****e for a while .getting dropped and then getting his wish. However all appears to be forgiven. Funny considering some of the unjust flack big Eck gets on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Obviously I’d rather he never ended up there but I don’t have any ill feeling towards Snelders at all. We had his best years & he really only went there for the free money. Also seem to remember he said some lovely words about AFC, in an interview in the hun match program. That would’ve went down a treat.

Theo’s a proper Dons legend
    Best goalie I've seen for the dons. Spoilt his legacy so not a legend. Unlike but Eck ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I'm old enough to remember him being tapped up by the Huns spitting his dummy out because we wouldn't let him go . Playing ****e for a while .getting dropped and then getting his wish. However all appears to be forgiven. Funny considering some of the unjust flack big Eck gets on here.
    Steady on now, Big Red only played for the same team as myself in Barrhead(nothing really much to crow about mind you!) and admittedly he is not held in higher esteem than wee bigot pr1ck by some, anyway, in my biased eyes he is a Dons legend.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    and admittedly he is not held in higher esteem than wee bigot pr1ck by some, anyway, in my biased eyes he is a Dons legend.

SF
    Knew that wasn't too far away.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast