+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New-striker update

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gkotw, you just might have something there in that 'it's my classroom and you will all listen to me and be nice'. No bad lads or non attendees or those that won't buy into the team mentality. Nothing wrong with that, as most clubs have players that don't bond out of match time. Thing is though they bond on the pitch where it matters, even when their ego's may be inflated above others.

thing is if you watch sunderland till I die Chris Coleman and kit Symons mention it more than once about having no trouble makers and a good group of players who want to be there .

it's not just Paul Warne but international managers.

Regarding the team formation,players utilised and transfer targets perhaps Mr.Warne is playing his hand with the cards he has been dealt to the best of his abilities.A lot was said,written, about playing Jamie Proctor more but now we find he has been carrying an injury and may be out for a good while.Perhaps Mr.Warne saw this and tried to protect him.Perhaps he is thinking ,when looking at available players,that all that "glisters is not gold"and is trying to be very careful.I know full well that some would argue that he may be trying to be too careful,but then again think Kelvin Wilson,Scott Allen,Jake Forster-Caskey and of course Mr. Blackstock-all brought in at the last minute and of course all a roaring success.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Regarding the team formation,players utilised and transfer targets perhaps Mr.Warne is playing his hand with the cards he has been dealt to the best of his abilities.A lot was said,written, about playing Jamie Proctor more but now we find he has been carrying an injury and may be out for a good while.Perhaps Mr.Warne saw this and tried to protect him.Perhaps he is thinking ,when looking at available players,that all that "glisters is not gold"and is trying to be very careful.I know full well that some would argue that he may be trying to be too careful,but then again think Kelvin Wilson,Scott Allen,Jake Forster-Caskey and of course Mr. Blackstock-all brought in at the last minute and of course all a roaring success.
    Quite - if/when a forward comes here they have to improve the side. Out of interest are there any stats that show chances created to goals scored ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    If Warne knew that Proctor was carrying an injury surely he would have continued giving him bit part appearances from the bench and not started him against Bolton which was when he had to go off.
    If we bought a player early in the transfer window why would he have to be a failure like the ones you listed? We are repeatedly told that our recruitment policy is better now and a lot of work goes into vetting prospective targets so the risk of them not being suitable should be insignificant.

Sky Sports are reporting that Uncle Neil's main striker target Sala wants to join Cardiff moving a deal a bit closer and possibly freeing up one of his other strikers going out on loan......just saying

I saw Paul Warne in Meadowhall this morning, initially with his wife at about 9.30am. Then an hour later he was sat outside Debenhams deep in conversation with a big lad who I would say was definitely a footballer (not one of ours though). They were still there some time later but had been joined by the player's partner. Signing imminent or were they there for the sales?
    Watch this space 😊

Sky Sports are now reporting that Cardiff are very close to getting their striker.......just saying

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    If Warne knew that Proctor was carrying an injury surely he would have continued giving him bit part appearances from the bench and not started him against Bolton which was when he had to go off.
    If we bought a player early in the transfer window why would he have to be a failure like the ones you listed? We are repeatedly told that our recruitment policy is better now and a lot of work goes into vetting prospective targets so the risk of them not being suitable should be insignificant.
    Two for one?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I saw Paul Warne in Meadowhall this morning, initially with his wife at about 9.30am. Then an hour later he was sat outside Debenhams deep in conversation with a big lad who I would say was definitely a footballer (not one of ours though). They were still there some time later but had been joined by the player's partner. Signing imminent or were they there for the sales?
    Watch this space ��
    The "big lad" who was "definitely a footballer" was in fact the manager of Boss. He and his female sales assistant were trying to persuade Warney to dress properly and stop impersonating Pep Guardiaola

Mellow Check out pictures on Cardiff website. Mendez-Laing ?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast