+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New-striker update

New-striker update

More waiting!

Will he be in the starting line up, will he actually be used as a striker? More importantly will he be better than what we have?

Hmm

This is beginning to sound like a broken record.
    The same platitudes and excuses get rolled out every transfer window but other clubs who are faced with similar issues just get on with it while we are left floundering.
    You take your time Mr Warne, it's not as though we're struggling is it? ☹

When is a recruitment team not a recruitment team?

Patience is called for......

Don't forget....'Man with one eye in the land of the blind is god'

Genuine question.
    Is it not better to get the right players or important to sign players early to make us all feel better about the recruitment?

Not trying to defend anyone just interested in thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Davis (Advertiser) View Post

"There are other targets to go for but I'm very selective in who I want to bring in."

Is that Warne talking about being selective or the purse strings doing the talking? As for being selective, will this cost us in the long run about wanting players who are suited to his needs and not that of the club? Sometimes you need an ugly player who can get the ball over the line. All this 'Lovin' throughout the team is setting a 'bonding precedent' but where's our ruthless streak gone that use to wins us games?
    Last edited by Brin; 14-01-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Genuine question.
    Is it not better to get the right players or important to sign players early to make us all feel better about the recruitment?

Not trying to defend anyone just interested in thoughts ?
    Pocket, of course it's better to sign the right players and not just anyone for the sake of it but surely that applies to every club, not just Rotherham United.
    I don't know how our recruitment process works or who is ultimately responsible for getting signings "over the line" but I do know that the same obstacles and issues get trotted out by the manager in every transfer window. We don't seem to have made any progress at all in this area.
    Other clubs, small ones with limited budgets as well, seem to have their plans formulated in advance and make their moves early to secure their targets.
    For example S****horpe, who were floundering in the relegation zone in League 1, signed 5 new players in 48 hours almost as soon as the January window opened. I'm pretty sure they won't have a massive budget and they're hardly a club you'd imagine people would be queuing up to join, but they needed to take action and got on with it.
    I wish we would!

Fair point Mellow.
    I’m a happy clapper I think ?
    I’ll judge the club at the end of the window.

Don’t disagree with a lot of what you say.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast