+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will Inherit the Honur of calling themselves The Worlds Oldest League Club

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Stoke City are next in line and then Forest.
    I love you 1961pie! But Stoke went bust and reformed as Stoke City, just admit it mucker, it's Nottingham Forest, I did notice that some of you're claiming to be the world's oldest Professional Football Club, is non league professional football, I don't think it is, part timers?

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    I love you 1961pie! But Stoke went bust and reformed as Stoke City, just admit it mucker, it's Nottingham Forest, I did notice that some of you're claiming to be the world's oldest Professional Football Club, is non league professional football, I don't think it is, part timers?
    Stick to your day job of shovelling turds es***, you might know what you're talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stick to your day job of shovelling turds es***, you might know what you're talking about there.
    I may shovel it but you watch it every week 🤣

I may shovel it but you watch it every week ��
    Correct on both counts.

ps Go and make a post on your board es***, you'll have the honour of being the first Forest fan to post there this year!

Most of the National League clubs are fully professional, while most National League North and National League South clubs are semi-professional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...lish_football)

I may shovel it but you watch it every week ��
    How dare you?! Our football is great and we're the best team in Nottingham!!

Seriously though you might want to be more original than telling fans of an awful team that their team is awful... It's not news to us

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I totally agree. A far more prestigious title IMHO. Has always puzzled me why we use the other contrived one.
    It's an old title that probably did equate to calling ourselves the world's oldest professional club when it was coined. The even weirder thing about this is we'd be having a similar conversation if by some miracle we were contemplating leaving the Football League in the other direction!

I'm still hoping that somewhere in the farce of a current team, that there is a heart and desire for the shirt. To be fair even in games where we have been aweful the players at least appear to be trying. We've also had aweful luck - injuries, dodgy refs, flukey goals against.

So its not over yet. i'm backing Ardley to keep us up.

The title has never really been of any help to us, other than to secure a friendly against an England XI in 1962 and then as a selling point for the Munto fiasco. Neither Dunnett or Pavis made a big deal of it, they didn't need to. It's only become relevant over the last couple of decades because we haven't had much else to feel proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The title has never really been of any help to us, other than to secure a friendly against an England XI in 1962 and then as a selling point for the Munto fiasco. Neither Dunnett or Pavis made a big deal of it, they didn't need to. It's only become relevant over the last couple of decades because we haven't had much else to feel proud of.
    Its all ok nothing to worry about Hardy has had a positive technical board meeting today we'll be fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast