+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Movies

What movies do you wish you had the opportunity to see for the first time at the cinema?

I've always wondered how immense it would have been to have seen Alien/Aliens for the first time on the big screen rather than on an old VHS copy with adverts running through it as it was recorded from tv.

Thankfully I did manage to watch them both a few years ago in Cineworld when it was "Alien" day (26th April) and it was the directors cut of Aliens (the best version) that was shown also.

Obviously classics like the original Star Wars trilogy would've been great to see when the world had no social media for spoilers etc.

Im lucky enough to have seen the greatest film when it first came out

Waynes World

Moving swiftly on.........

I love Vincent Price so to have been around to watch his films(Witchfinder General, The Raven, The Fly, The Abominable Doctor Pheobes, Masque of the Red Death, too many to name) when they came out would have been cool

Furthering on from my original question then what's the best film people have seen for the first time at the cinema?

I know it might be a strange choice but Avatar at the Glasgow science centre IMAX was a cinematic experience I'd never had before, I'd been to 3D films before but this was on a whole other level and no film, 3D or otherwise has come close since.

That being said it obviously wasn't the greatest film I've seen at the cinema, will have to have a think of what that film actually is.

I saw an IMAX film about beavers cutting down trees.

Nude nuns with big guns probably.

The original Halloween would have been good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Nude nuns with big guns probably.

Strangely enough........I was going to say, but put it off, the most spectacular image I ever saw on the big screen was the introduction to The Sound of Music.

Sorry but it's true.

When I was 10 (1985) we had a family night out to the cinema. We couldn't decide on which of the two films to see so I went into one screen to see The Goonies with my dad, while my mum and sister went into the other screen to see back to the future. Golden days of cinema when you had choices like that

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast