+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In other words so you can win this time .

As Yorkshireborn's pointed out there should be only two outcomes on any peoples vote .

May's Deal

No deal
    No its not so I can win this time but it would allow us to all make an informed decision following more than two years of discussion. The decision is too important for future decades to be made based on only a limited amount of information with a simple in or out question.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    An earlier contributor claimed that the disparity in wealth in different areas of the UK was caused by the EU. This is not correct of course the UK government decides where to invest in the UK. For example London receives £i200 per head of the population for transport infrastructure from central government while South Yorkshire is granted £250 per head of population. It is also the case London Transport was not forced to privatise the system like every other authority was instructed to do so. Thats why London has an excellent bus service while our system is a disgrace.
    EU grants are supposed to help the regions in need [well perhaps not]

Farmers however don't seem to do too bad do they & we still can't feed ouselves not by a long way

https://fullfact.org/europe/how-much...ve-eu-funding/

An earlier contributor claimed that the disparity in wealth in different areas of the UK was caused by the EU. This is not correct of course the UK government decides where to invest in the UK. For example London receives £i200 per head of the population for transport infrastructure from central government while South Yorkshire is granted £250 per head of population. It is also the case London Transport was not forced to privatise the system like every other authority was instructed to do so. Thats why London has an excellent bus service while our system is a disgrace.
    I refer the Right Honorable Gentleman to my earlier answer on this thread to that question.

No its not so I can win this time but it would allow us to all make an informed decision following more than two years of discussion. The decision is too important for future decades to be made based on only a limited amount of information with a simple in or out question.
    Both yourself and the remainers had better digest The Lisbon Treaty then and consider what you are handing to your masters in Brussels .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So you say you have worked for many agencies have you
    & were you happy with the way you were "employed" & treated?
    I think you need to check your birth certificate YB as according to records Food banks were virtually unknown in the UK before 2006
    Here's a short extract

The world's first food bank was established in the US in 1967, and since then many thousands have been set up all over the world. In Europe, which until recently had little need for food banks due to extensive welfare systems, their numbers grew rapidly after the global increase in the price of food which began in late 2006, and especially after the financial crisis of 2007–08 began to worsen economic conditions for those on low incomes.

Before the financial crisis, food banks were "almost unheard of" in the UK.[42] In 2004, Trussell only ran two food banks,[43][44] but by 2007–2008, there were 22 food banks in the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network and by early 2011, The Trussell Trust supported 100. As of May 2012, they had 201. By August, 252. The rate of increase had been rising rapidly. In 2011, about one new food bank was being opened per week. In early 2012, about two were being opened each week. By July, The Trussell Trust had reported that the rate of new openings had increased to three per week. In August, the rate of new openings spiked at four per week, with three new food banks being opened in that month for Nottingham alone.
    so what was those foodbanks called during miners strike what did they call them when the church went round giving food to the poor in their church. back in the 70s i remember them being called food parcels.

I'm just amazed that you cite the circumstances under the miners strike which were for a specific purpose Not the same thing at all

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    so what was those foodbanks called during miners strike what did they call them when the church went round giving food to the poor in their church. back in the 70s i remember them being called food parcels.
    I was a miner during the the miners strike in 1984 and also the strikes in 1970 and 1972 in 1984 we had soup kitchin ours at Doduth was in't stewt but welcomed anyone who was in need of sumat to eight. At Christmas we got a 5 parnd note. In 1970 and 72 can not remember any food bank.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    What appalles me more than anything is the fact you accept that foodbanks are just a normal everyday thing in your world that is .

Do you know that the vast majority of people who have to use foodbanks are working people .

Your attitude actually disgusts me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What appalles me more than anything is the fact you accept that foodbanks are just a normal everyday thing in your world that is .

Do you know that the vast majority of people who have to use foodbanks are working people .

Your attitude actually disgusts me .
    oh didums i dont care if it appaules you or disgusts you how i think towards foodbanks the fact is there here. there going to be here just as long as theres going to be poor and low paid famlies for many decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Too many moving parts for you to understand Kerr

Do your own homework at least it will keep you off the streets & I feel sure you will tell us all
    Not sure where ‘moving parts’ comes into anything.

I’m guessing that your theory was just something you made up?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast