+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The EU's tactics ev been to use May (a pushover) to "negotiate" a "deal" where they ev set the agenda at ivvery step and made it impossible fo the deal to be voted through. Why should the EU want rid of the country that pays a large proportion of the EU Budget bill and is a big importer of their stuff ? They will be p1ssing themselves in Brussels and evvin an extra long Champagne lunch. Job done fo them.
    I've thought long and hard over May's deal since it was announced .

Initially I thought it was a joke it was that bad , don't get me wrong it still is a poor deal but in the cold light of day it was our one and only ticket out of the EU .

I've spoken to many Labour Party members and people within Momentum and asked them what they don't like about it given it's the only deal we will get and the EU won't re-negotiate .

I've yet to hear a satisfactory answer other than its shyte and it's the tories who negotiated it .

Not even Corbyn knows why he doesn't like it other than its an opportunity to bring the government down , that's totally fine if you can get elected yourself and negotiate a better deal , so he's failed on both counts then .

The only thing the Labour Party have done is to pur remaining in the EU back on the table by voting against May's deal along with others too it has to be said .

So by putting remain on the table with the likelihood of a Peoples Vote he also drags the party into democracy denier mode .

You do that and my party and momentum resignation will be submitted asap and you will never have my vote or support again .

You will not tarnish me with democracy denier and overturn a democratic referendum with my money donated to fund it .

Many on the Labour Left need to have a word with themselves .

All self respecting champions of principles and democracy until they receive the wrong result to them that is .

Go start drinking in conservative clubs , you'll fit in nicely .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Initially I thought it was a joke it was that bad , don't get me wrong it still is a poor deal but in the cold light of day it was our one and only ticket out of the EU .

I've spoken to many Labour Party members and people within Momentum and asked them what they don't like about it given it's the only deal we will get and the EU won't re-negotiate .

I've yet to hear a satisfactory answer other than its shyte and it's the tories who negotiated it .

Not even Corbyn knows why he doesn't like it other than its an opportunity to bring the government down , that's totally fine if you can get elected yourself and negotiate a better deal , so he's failed on both counts then .

The only thing the Labour Party have done is to pur remaining in the EU back on the table by voting against May's deal along with others too it has to be said .

So by putting remain on the table with the likelihood of a Peoples Vote he also drags the party into democracy denier mode .

You do that and my party and momentum resignation will be submitted asap and you will never have my vote or support again .

You will not tarnish me with democracy denier and overturn a democratic referendum with my money donated to fund it .

All self respecting champions of principles and democracy until they receive the wrong result to them that is .

Agree with every word Animal.

I am surprised that you discussed it with so many people and no one mentioned the reason May lost the vote. Its the backstop. If we have a backstop we don't have brexit. Obviously naivety is contagious!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The parnd rose in value on news of the May defeat.

These City finance lads know what's coming--second referendum, public vote to remain, freedom fo them to carry on mekkin billions as befooar and an increasing gap between rich and poor and North and South.
    The increasing gap between rich and poor has nothing to do with the EU. Our own governments of both parties have decided which areas of the country are invested in.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I am surprised that you discussed it with so many people and no one mentioned the reason May lost the vote. Its the backstop. If we have a backstop we don't have brexit. Obviously naivety is contagious!
    Well out of the single market , customs union and not having to accept the four freedoms sounds like Brexit to me .

Nobody was ever and will not get to have it all , the back stop was the flaw but in my opinion at least worth accepting to get us out of the EU and their hideous Federal Europe end game .

How much the EU can be trusted on the issue is open to debate but what I will say is this out of the club 95% of the way gives you far more clout than still bound by it's rules and regulations for ever in my opinion .

The increasing gap between rich and poor has nothing to do with the EU. Our own governments of both parties have decided which areas of the country are invested in.
    Would suggest you read SB's post again KS particularly

"freedom fo them to carry on mekkin billions as befooar"

One in Four people residing within the EU live in poverty or are socially excluded , that's a fact KS .

80% of our trade with the EU is in financial and professional services. Evva glance where they are mainly located in the UK, where the highest incomes are, greatest transport investment is. longest life expectancy, biggest capital gains in housing etc.

At a wider level in the EU evva look at the differences in rich and poor across the Northern EU (Germany/France/Netherlands etc) and the Southern EU (Greece/Spain/Italy)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.

One in Four people residing within the EU live in poverty or are socially excluded , that's a fact KS .
    A large percentage of them live in the UK

Well out of the single market , customs union and not having to accept the four freedoms sounds like Brexit to me .

Nobody was ever and will not get to have it all , the back stop was the flaw but in my opinion at least worth accepting to get us out of the EU and their hideous Federal Europe end game .

How much the EU can be trusted on the issue is open to debate but what I will say is this out of the club 95% of the way gives you far more clout than still bound by it's rules and regulations for ever in my opinion .

Following on from the Brexit debacle I came across a statement that sums up my feelings
    Politically Homeless

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast