+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinnock bid rejected

Pinnock bid rejected

HITC Sport understands*Brentford*have seen a bid rejected by*Barnsley*for defender Ethan Pinnock.

Barnsley have rejected several bids, including one for £3million from Brentford for centre-back Ethan Pinnock, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Brentford are looking to are aiming to strengthen their central defensive options before Thursday's transfer deadline after selling Chris Mepham to Bournemouth earlier this month in a £12m deal.

Pinnock has emerged as Brentford's top target with the defender impressing during the last 18 months at Barnsley following his arrival from Forest Green.

Pinnock has been an ever-present for Barnsley in*League One so far this season and he has made 34 appearances in all competitions.

The 25-year-old has been instrumental in Barnsley's push for promotion this season with*the Tykes*currently third in League One and they boast the best defensive record in the division.

Pinnock still has 18 months to run on his contract at Oakwell and Barnsley are reluctant to lose the key defender as they look to try and win promotion back to the*Championship,

It remains to be seen if Brentford will come back with an improved offer for Pinnock before Thursday's transfer deadline.

They will be back with an improved bid I reckon .

See how strong we are at £4.5m ?

What's more we should show our intent by offering to extend his contract on improved terms
    Brentford ......who are ya

If I were him id stay and get my medal. It isn't all money. What does he achieve in 6 months at Brentford?

Who are HITC? Are they reputable? No-one else seems to be mentioning it so it could be just rumour. It says several bids so surely we'd have heard about one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    If I were him id stay and get my medal. It isn't all money. What does he achieve in 6 months at Brentford?
    Triple + wages and back inniz ooam area.

Goat playing the game. The nearer he leaves it to 11pm Thursday to less likely to be seen to be able to spend money on a replacement. "We worked hard but couldn't get the deals over the line. I'm fekkin off to Nice tomorrow. See ya".

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Goat playing the game. The nearer he leaves it to 11pm Thursday to less likely to be seen to be able to spend money on a replacement. "We worked hard but couldn't get the deals over the line. I'm fekkin off to Nice tomorrow. See ya".
    If it were any other club bar Nice I'd be inclined to agree with you SBRed. I reckon we'll av' deals lined up dependant on other deals.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Who are HITC? Are they reputable? .

No

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Kerr wants to come here and he’ll double his wages but we won’t pay what they want

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    No
    They set rumours off like wildfire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast