+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Well done Labour , now you've turned practically every Pro Brexit Labour stronghold in to a marginal seat .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ond-referendum

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Enjoyed that YB

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well done Labour , now you've turned practically every Pro Brexit Labour stronghold in to a marginal seat .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ond-referendum
    Any idea on what they think the result of a 2nd referendum would be?
    If you don't know the answer fear not for our visitor from just down the M1 will be along soon to tell us all what we should think
    It must be the London bubble effect

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Any idea on what they think the result of a 2nd referendum would be?
    If you don't know the answer fear not for our visitor from just down the M1 will be along soon to tell us all what we should think
    It must be the London bubble effect
    Interesting the London thing exile , take their vote out of referendum and Leave would have won by 11% and not 4 .

A poll yesterday said 58% of people are against a second referendum so I find this latest Labour tactic a bit flawed in all honesty exile .

Maybe Dianne is in charge of the data .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Yes I know but how do we then proceed if the result was the same or are you assuming like Cameron did that we will vote to remain?
    Following the same result we would Brexit. I don't make any assumptions on the result.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think your post is cobblers in two ways.

Firstly, you may say that you think that the results of a further referendum should be final and you might even believe it, but, I think there would be plenty of people on both sides of the debate who would not accept the outcome if it didn’t go their way.

Secondly, I think it nonsense to suggest that people have an understanding of the issues. I have heard people say they want the Norway model – as favoured by many Labour MPs – but who, upon questioning, have no understanding of what it means (basically it involves taking the worst parts of being in and adding them to the worst parts of being out and putting them together). Labour supporters bang on about remaining in the customs union (presumably having checked in with Momentum to find out what they are supposed to think), but, again, when asked, can’t explain the implications of that.

As for Canada ++ - as favoured by some Tories - I have met only one person who can explain what that means (not bad, but probably difficult to negotiate).
    I said people who were interested would have a better understanding after listening for two years to the debate. Lets face it half the self styled European Research Group have tunnel vision and only understand their extreme right wing dogma. They have little idea and or interest in how most of the electorate live.

They have little idea and or interest in how most of the electorate live. [/quote]

And you're telling Kerr this?

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I said people who were interested would have a better understanding after listening for two years to the debate. Lets face it half the self styled European Research Group have tunnel vision and only understand their extreme right wing dogma. They have little idea and or interest in how most of the electorate live.
    Trouble is nobody still knows what will happen, lots of this could or might, but nothing certain

Let me tell you what I think rather than you telling me what I think If you can't see what his intentions were then you're not reading the article so don't try & make his actions virtuous
    We voted over two years ago to leave & what I support is honouring that decision

I do not support anyone who opposes that decision regardless of who they are & that includes you now that you have decided where you stand after two years of fence sitting

Good news about Portugal eh?
    You’ve told me and other users of this and other boards what you think on numerous occasions and in different ways. The trouble seems to start when you are asked why you think what you do and upon what evidence your views are based. It all tends to get a bit flaky at that point...

How about explaining what you are cross with Cameron about? Whatever his motivation, he - backed by 75% or so of Parliament - gave Eurosceptics such as yourself what you wanted. With that being the case, it makes no sense for you to be upset with him. It’s your chum Corbett and his Remainer High Priest and beloved of animal, Keir Starmer, who have aligned themselves to the Tory right to block the process.

Where have I opposed the decision delivered by the referendum, out of interest? I can't recall doing so.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 22-01-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Removing a spelling mistake to avoid upsetting Exille even more

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast