+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

[QUOTE=animallittle3;39117011]I wouldn't be so sure Labour would win if an election came relatively quickly Mr C .

At best the biggest party but without a majority .

This is possibly the worst tory government in history and yet he's trailing the tories by 5% .

Corbyn's done well to bring the party back to what it was originally founded to do but that's as far as it goes in my honest opinion .

To have a majority labour government he needs to step aside .

A 1997 Tony Blair to the left of him would trounce these feckers to some tune , 100 seat majority minimum .

Right mandate wrong face delivering it mi owd .[/QUOTE

Animal remember 2017 general election labour were expected to lose by over 100 seats and were 20 points down in the polls and what came about a hung parliment. a devastating blow to the Torys, who got a right hammering, there only policy now is to call Mr Corbyn any thing from a racist to a terroist, and some people believe it hope you are not one Animal keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Labour are 2 points ahead according to Survation, the only poll company to get the referendum result and general election correct
    Yes I'll accept that Nozzer , but even a two point lead THIS WEEK isn't really acceptable to me given the PM has had a no confidence vote within her own ranks to face and the biggest hiding ever in parliament by a government over her flag ship policy .

Bear in mind also the tories have only enjoyed one majority government since the early 90's and the present PM through that away within two years .

They are a party in decline .

I think Corbyn's done a tremendous job but it falls short of where we need to be , otherwise the tories will sneak in aided by either the Lib Dems or the DUP .

Only my opinion and not necessarily the view of many within the rank and file .

[QUOTE=upthecolliers;39117029]
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure Labour would win if an election came relatively quickly Mr C .

At best the biggest party but without a majority .

This is possibly the worst tory government in history and yet he's trailing the tories by 5% .

Corbyn's done well to bring the party back to what it was originally founded to do but that's as far as it goes in my honest opinion .

To have a majority labour government he needs to step aside .

A 1997 Tony Blair to the left of him would trounce these feckers to some tune , 100 seat majority minimum .

Right mandate wrong face delivering it mi owd .[/QUOTE

Animal remember 2017 general election labour were expected to lose by over 100 seats and were 20 points down in the polls and what came about a hung parliment. a devastating blow to the Torys, who got a right hammering, there only policy now is to call Mr Corbyn any thing from a racist to a terroist, and some people believe it hope you are not one Animal keep the faith.
    Mr C with all the best will in the world I'd like to see a Labour goverment that is the true representative of the working class .

I'm also a realist , we need a Labour government now possibly more than ever .

That means compromise Colliers , not the Blair type sell out but somewhere in between .

I'm desperately trying to change hearts and minds so we can get rid of this government but I'm not convinced we have the right man at this time .

He's done himself no favours at all by declining the PM's invitation for talks on brexit .

Massive error in my opinion , he doesn't even have to agree on one single thing , all he has to do is walk through the door .

Now he's our of the picture full stop and the leader of the opposition .

You can't make basic errors like that when the stakes are so high because they will now take the moral high ground and use it against him .

Couldn't agree more Animal
    He's certainly done himself no favours
    Probably the biggest error he could make
    Does anyone advise him ? or perhaps they do

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Animal i can not disagree with you on most of these points but we must have labour in the country especially in the NHS and in catering and farming of which comes under the govenments £33,000 per year wage cap
    I agree colliers we need immigration , skills we are short of but it must be controlled and not the doors wide open just to come through the door and drive our wages down .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Couldn't agree more Animal
    He's certainly done himself no favours
    Probably the biggest error he could make
    Does anyone advise him ? or perhaps they do
    Exile I couldn't believe it when I read he wasn't taking it up .

Fecking hell , now the country truly believes he's only interested in taking the government down and to feck with brexit , just handed it to the tories on a plate .

Every time you get a seat at the table you bloody well turn up and have your say .

Catastrophic error .

what about yourself who only posts right wing crap.
    i dont go putting posts up just to wind everyone up.

Tha right there lad we have had 8 years of austerity workers rights slashed and zero hours contracts becoming the norm food banks at a all time high.
    laughable to think its the fault of the EU and listening to all the right wing media and the far right torys and the worst of all workingclass torys its all Mr Corbins fault.
    what workers rights have been slashed zero hours been around for decades its called agency work.

food banks been around for years and they will be around for many more years.

who said its corbyns fault ive not seen anything to suggest its corbyns fault brown was the one to blame borrowing billions more than he could afford to payback he caused the austerity we have today labour bailed the banks out by 850 billion that caused austerity too. corbyn was too busy back then playing friends with terrorists around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    what workers rights have been slashed zero hours been around for decades its called agency work.

food banks been around for years and they will be around for many more years.

who said its corbyns fault ive not seen anything to suggest its corbyns fault brown was the one to blame borrowing billions more than he could afford to payback he caused the austerity we have today labour bailed the banks out by 850 billion that caused austerity too. corbyn was too busy back then playing friends with terrorists around the world.
    Let me just pose 3 questions to you YB
    1 Have you ever worked for an agency?
    2 Have you ever had to use a food bank?

But not to worry as our PM has recently announced an end to austerity
    so
    3 how do you square that with your view that food banks will be around for many more years

BTW this is not in any way intended to support Corbyn who I happen to think is a liability to the Labour party
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-01-2019 at 08:09 AM.

May lost the vote on the flagship policy she ez been working on for nearly three years by the largest number in the history of parliament. Corbyn made a tactical error in calling a vote of confidence the very next day allowing the Tory tribe to give the appearance of being behind May when, in reality, they are groups/ individuals always ready to stab her in the back. Who would vote for the risk of putting themselves out of a job and the DUP saw the chance to show May who really was pulling the strings.
    The Labour Conference has instructed Corbyn to first seek a General Election so he eddto call a vote of no confidence at some time but he went too early--shudda let May sweat until after next Monday when she returns to announce her next big idea.

Knowing she would win the tribal vote of confidence May had prepared her next trap. After three years of ignoring other party's views she suddenly wanted the leaders to come rarnd to her 'arse that neet. The poodles of the Liberals, Plaid C and SNP went along but I think Corbyn was right to say "Yes, I'll play your game, but take No Deal of the table first". Cable and the SNP bloke (who I quite like) were on Newsnight after the meeting saying they got nowhere and joined Corbyn in demanding No Deal be tekken off the table befooar any further cosy chats. They learnt a lesson not to play May's games.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast