+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    But surely SB if the electorate voted for May's deal then they are duty to bound to vote that through and honour the result .

Tha can't have a re-run on summat that's already bin decided with remain on the ballot paper in my opinion .

In a democracy people are allowed to alter their opinion. Nobody was up in arms when May called the 2017 General Election two years after the 2015 General Election saying the people ev already given their view and they shouldn't be asked again two years later.

Azza further thought on Jules post tha cuddev

A) Duz tha wish to remain? Tick Box A

B Duz tha wish to leave? Tick Box B. If thaz ticked Box B duz tha want 1 May's Deal ? Tick Box 1 or 2 No Deal ? Tick Box 2

If Leave won Parliament would know what fooaks wo thinking

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    In a democracy people are allowed to alter their opinion. Nobody was up in arms when May called the 2017 General Election two years after the 2015 General Election saying the people ev already given their view and they shouldn't be asked again two years later.

Azza further thought on Jules post tha cuddev

A) Duz tha wish to remain? Tick Box A

B Duz tha wish to leave? Tick Box B. If thaz ticked Box B duz tha want 1 May's Deal ? Tick Box 1 or 2 No Deal ? Tick Box 2

If Leave won Parliament would know what fooaks wo thinking

I'd be interested to know how remainers would feel if they had won in 2016 and two years later we had an opportunity to overturn that result with another referendum .

I'd be interested to know how remainers would feel if they had won in 2016 and two years later we had an opportunity to overturn that result with another referendum .
    Even May wuddent ev c0cked up just remaining in the EU cos thudda been nowt to negotiate and Parliament cudda focused on the mess she ez made of the NHS, Social Care, education, housing, poverty, police etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Even May wuddent ev c0cked up just remaining in the EU cos thudda been nowt to negotiate and Parliament cudda focused on the mess she ez made of the NHS, Social Care, education, housing, poverty, police etc.
    That's not what I asked SB with all due respect .

That's not what I asked SB with all due respect .
    Am answering like May duz at PMQ's

"The Right Honourable Member will be aware that the best way to avoid any ill feeling arising from a possible Referendum is to vote for the deal that is on the table".

I often wonder whether the person that opened this can of worms in the first place did have the best interests of a nation at heart rather than personal vanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I often wonder whether the person that opened this can of worms in the first place did have the best interests of a nation at heart rather than personal vanity?
    That would be dojy Dave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PcPVkP-RY
    Last edited by upthecolliers; 18-01-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I won't say who I'm on about for fear of reprisal Colliers. This person challenges everything through court and has the police watching what is said about them.

Apparently the government tried to implement brexit without going through parliament. Wasn't the referendum voted on by parliament in the first place?

So the government tried to implement something that was already agreed. Hence a load of unnecessary hoo hah ensued because someone didn't like being on the losing side of a referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    kinder lets have a peoples vote on the deal it only needs two questions

YES take mays deal

NO leave on WTO

Mays deal has already been voted on and its as dead as a dodo.

WTO would be a job creation scheme for those willing to run food banks

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If we had another referendum [or peoples vote as it is laughingly called] & the result was still to leave what would we then do, as the same issues would still confront us or are you assuming the result would be to remain [assuming you would want remain on the ballot paper
    When will you realise that we have voted already
    You make reference to ill informed comments on this forum please advise what they are & then enlighten us all what we should know,otherwise it leaves us all uncertain what you mean
    An earlier contributor claimed that the disparity in wealth in different areas of the UK was caused by the EU. This is not correct of course the UK government decides where to invest in the UK. For example London receives £i200 per head of the population for transport infrastructure from central government while South Yorkshire is granted £250 per head of population. It is also the case London Transport was not forced to privatise the system like every other authority was instructed to do so. Thats why London has an excellent bus service while our system is a disgrace.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast