+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

I don't get why we just don't go no deal and negotiate after. At least that would get the EU running scared wondering where their next gravy train was coming from.

The more we delay the more money they make. We all know where their breads buttered. They'd love it to drag on. A right PM would cease negotiation and let them chase their tails for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    May lost the vote on the flagship policy she ez been working on for nearly three years by the largest number in the history of parliament. Corbyn made a tactical error in calling a vote of confidence the very next day allowing the Tory tribe to give the appearance of being behind May when, in reality, they are groups/ individuals always ready to stab her in the back. Who would vote for the risk of putting themselves out of a job and the DUP saw the chance to show May who really was pulling the strings.
    The Labour Conference has instructed Corbyn to first seek a General Election so he eddto call a vote of no confidence at some time but he went too early--shudda let May sweat until after next Monday when she returns to announce her next big idea.

Knowing she would win the tribal vote of confidence May had prepared her next trap. After three years of ignoring other party's views she suddenly wanted the leaders to come rarnd to her 'arse that neet. The poodles of the Liberals, Plaid C and SNP went along but I think Corbyn was right to say "Yes, I'll play your game, but take No Deal of the table first". Cable and the SNP bloke (who I quite like) were on Newsnight after the meeting saying they got nowhere and joined Corbyn in demanding No Deal be tekken off the table befooar any further cosy chats. They learnt a lesson not to play May's games.
    " Mr Speaker the honourable gentleman for Sowerby Bridge makes some very good points "

" order order "

" the honourable gentleman for Ardsley East will be heard "

"' Mr animal little "

"' thank you mr speaker "

" the government are attempting to go in to lessen the political damage mode following this weeks events which basically translates to getting the opportunity to blame someone else for their catastrophes "'

" 0rder order "'

" the honourable member for Ardsley East will be heard and he's not used language that isn't un-parlimentary , the conservative party are indeed liars and vermin "

" thank you Mr Speaker "

" just a small point but does the honourable gentleman for Sowerby Bridge share my concerns that the Right Honourable Leader Of The Opposition should know that a no deal brexit from the EU is on the very act this house passed not too long ago and the Right Honourable gentleman for Islington voted for it "

"' yes I will give way "

" order order "

Luvvit

Thankyou for giving way

Mr Exiletyke

Thankyou Mr Speaker

Does my honourable friend agree with me that the leader of the opposition & the Speaker of this house are pillocks of equal measure & that there are precious few in here that do not fit that description
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-01-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Luvvit

Thankyou for giving way

Mr Exiletyke

Thankyou Mr Speaker

Does my honourable friend agree with me that the leader of the opposition & the Speaker of this house are pillocks of equal measure & that there are precious few in here that do not fit that description
    " order order "

" the honourable gentlemen raises a point of interest and one I feel this house is well aware of given time we spend in there on tax payers money "

"' the mine host in The Jubilee Bar keeps a wonderful pint and he for one has my full support as always "

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Let me just pose 3 questions to you YB
    1 Have you ever worked for an agency?
    2 Have you ever had to use a food bank?

But not to worry as our PM has recently announced an end to austerity
    so
    3 how do you square that with your view that food banks will be around for many more years

BTW this is not in any way intended to support Corbyn who I happen to think is a liability to the Labour party
    yes i have work for many agencies i do know the crack

why should i use foodbanks i have no intrest in them but they have been around for as long as i have walked this planet and they were about during your beloved labour party years so why wont they be around way into the future we are not the only country in the world that have foodbanks.

Parliament appears to be in deadlock. I can only see three ways out of this mess. revoke article 50 and remain, wait for the Tories to produce another inadequate deal which will get through Parliament and the right wing loons in the Tory partry can live with or have another referendum. In my opinion another referendum would benefit from having a more informed electorate involved. At the time of the first referendum my knowledge of how the EU fitted in working with a group of sovereign countries was limited. I was happy with some aspects of EU legislation such as the Human Rights Act. the protection of workers rights, environmental legislation which stopped us pumping raw sewage into the sea ( I really miss the french letters and sanitary towels which littered our beaches) the foreign policy which kept them out of Iraq and not being US lap dogs and best of all enableing 27 nations in Europe to live in peace following years of intermittent war. Thirty months ago when we had the referendum there was a long campaign during which I expected to learn a great deal from the politicians regarding the interaction between sovereign states and the EU. What I got was a childish campaign based on one side on fear and on the other silly lies. The parties were egged on by a largely right wing press supported by illeagal activities by extremely wealthy men trying to influence the outcome. Judging by some of the ill informed comments on this forum about the EU we are still lacking basic information and hold weird beliefs about the ability of the EU to be involved in sovereign state politics. In my opinion if we had another referendum hopefully we would have a much better informed electorate following two and a half years of politicking providing the campaign is suitable for grown ups. That should enable us to feel more comfortable with the result whatever that is. Then we can get on with our lives.

kinder lets have a peoples vote on the deal it only needs two questions

YES take mays deal

NO leave on WTO

If we had another referendum [or peoples vote as it is laughingly called] & the result was still to leave what would we then do, as the same issues would still confront us or are you assuming the result would be to remain [assuming you would want remain on the ballot paper
    When will you realise that we have voted already
    You make reference to ill informed comments on this forum please advise what they are & then enlighten us all what we should know,otherwise it leaves us all uncertain what you mean
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-01-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Parliament appears to be in deadlock. I can only see three ways out of this mess. revoke article 50 and remain, wait for the Tories to produce another inadequate deal which will get through Parliament and the right wing loons in the Tory partry can live with or have another referendum. In my opinion another referendum would benefit from having a more informed electorate involved. At the time of the first referendum my knowledge of how the EU fitted in working with a group of sovereign countries was limited. I was happy with some aspects of EU legislation such as the Human Rights Act. the protection of workers rights, environmental legislation which stopped us pumping raw sewage into the sea ( I really miss the french letters and sanitary towels which littered our beaches) the foreign policy which kept them out of Iraq and not being US lap dogs and best of all enableing 27 nations in Europe to live in peace following years of intermittent war. Thirty months ago when we had the referendum there was a long campaign during which I expected to learn a great deal from the politicians regarding the interaction between sovereign states and the EU. What I got was a childish campaign based on one side on fear and on the other silly lies. The parties were egged on by a largely right wing press supported by illeagal activities by extremely wealthy men trying to influence the outcome. Judging by some of the ill informed comments on this forum about the EU we are still lacking basic information and hold weird beliefs about the ability of the EU to be involved in sovereign state politics. In my opinion if we had another referendum hopefully we would have a much better informed electorate following two and a half years of politicking providing the campaign is suitable for grown ups. That should enable us to feel more comfortable with the result whatever that is. Then we can get on with our lives.
    In other words so you can win this time .

As Yorkshireborn's pointed out there should be only two outcomes on any peoples vote .

May's Deal

No deal

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In other words so you can win this time .

As Yorkshireborn's pointed out there should be only two outcomes on any peoples vote .

May's Deal

No deal
    Fu****G hell Animal are you really seriouse.
    Now he cant be resind that last minuet.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast