+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    A most enlightening view Mr C what would be your reason ?
    You don't have to give a reason to stand on a prick like him unless you have the same racist, bigoted and Facit views as that top hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The majority voted to leave. There is no other question.
    Almost everyone who voted in the referendum did so with inadequate information. Anyone who has been interested in the politics since then will now know a great deal more than they did before the vote. They will also know that the campaigns of both sides before the referendum provided little concrete information to enable us to make an informed decision. That initial problem has been compounded by the post referendum tactics of May. She invoked article 50 before having any idea what she would be negotiating for and started chanting "no deal is better than a bad deal" which was similar and about as effective as chanting "strong and stable" before her unnecessary election. She then compounded her initial problems by drawing her red lines to appease the right wing loons in her party but restricted her ability to negotiate effectively with the EU and resulted in a crushing defeat in Parliament after wasting 30 months of pathetic negotiations. We now need some leadership to fill the vacuum in the nations policy making which Corbyn is failing miserably to fill. The political mess should be cleared up by giving a better educated electorate regarding the EU by a second referendum. For Gods sake Corbyn stop dithering.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Almost everyone who voted in the referendum did so with inadequate information. Anyone who has been interested in the politics since then will now know a great deal more than they did before the vote. They will also know that the campaigns of both sides before the referendum provided little concrete information to enable us to make an informed decision. That initial problem has been compounded by the post referendum tactics of May. She invoked article 50 before having any idea what she would be negotiating for and started chanting "no deal is better than a bad deal" which was similar and about as effective as chanting "strong and stable" before her unnecessary election. She then compounded her initial problems by drawing her red lines to appease the right wing loons in her party but restricted her ability to negotiate effectively with the EU and resulted in a crushing defeat in Parliament after wasting 30 months of pathetic negotiations. We now need some leadership to fill the vacuum in the nations policy making which Corbyn is failing miserably to fill. The political mess should be cleared up by giving a better educated electorate regarding the EU by a second referendum. For Gods sake Corbyn stop dithering.
    I agree with what you say but don't be took in by the right wing media spreding false and vindictive rumours about Corbyn what I can see is both him and Keir Stalmer are the only ones with any common sense in trying to get a result in this brexup of this f***ING brexit

Can we replay the Doncaster Rovers home game please and have the intial result a 1-1 draw quashed ? .

Stendel got his tactics wrong that day and put Woodrow on the bench and I'm certain this time he won't get it wrong and we will win the game comfortably .

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I agree with what you say but don't be took in by the right wing media spreding false and vindictive rumours about Corbyn what I can see is both him and Keir Stalmer are the only ones with any common sense in trying to get a result in this brexup of this f***ING brexit
    Here you go Mr C , this is what I mean by the right having a credible mandate .

Handed to them on a plate by trying to overturn the referendum result .

A party like that could do some very serious damage to the Labour vote .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-delayed-ukip

[QUOTE=animallittle3;39121444]Can we replay the Doncaster Rovers home game please and have the intial result a 1-1 draw quashed ? .

Stendel got his tactics wrong that day and put Woodrow on the bench and I'm certain this time he won't get it wrong and we will win the game comfortably .

Stendel and the supporters knew what the rules and possible outcomes could be before the game kicked off. That was not the case with the referendum and at least one outcome would be an economic disaster, especially for a town like Barnsley which is still on its knees from the last clash with the Tories.

[QUOTE=KINDERSCOUT;39121551]
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can we replay the Doncaster Rovers home game please and have the intial result a 1-1 draw quashed ? .

Stendel and the supporters knew what the rules and possible outcomes could be before the game kicked off. That was not the case with the referendum and at least one outcome would be an economic disaster, especially for a town like Barnsley which is still on its knees from the last clash with the Tories.
    Still on its knees despite EU membership too .

I reckon I agree with most of that KS but the thing that puzzles me is what would we do if the vote [if there ever was one] turned out similarly to the last one, although polls suggest the leave majority would increase, in any event the issues before us would still be the same, so how do you then proceed

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I reckon I agree with most of that KS but the thing that puzzles me is what would we do if the vote [if there ever was one] turned out similarly to the last one, although polls suggest the leave majority would increase, in any event the issues before us would still be the same, so how do you then proceed
    Probably have 10 referendums exile and on the 11th remain will win and that result will stand .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I still think it’s a cr@p conspiracy theory, Exile. It’s far less believable than the classics such as ‘America didn’t land a man on the moon’.

If I’ve got it right, you think the Tories – easily the most Eurosceptic of the main parties - is actually run by ‘grandees’ who are Europhiles. Who exactly are the 'grandees'? How do they control the party? I’m guessing that you don’t think Rees-Mogg is one, unless you think he’s all part of a clever ‘false flag’ operation?

How far does your conspiracy theory go? Do you think Labour is also run by ‘Tory Grandees’, given that they have an extremely pro-Remain Shadow Brexit Secretary and their conference had to come up with a fudge to avoid the grass roots getting the policy of holding a further referendum that they wanted?

As for your explanation for why the ‘grandees’ allowed Cameron to hold a referendum, it isn’t actually an explanation at all is it? How does ’because they thought they would win’ explain why they allowed a referendum to take place when they didn’t have to. Why would they take the risk? What was the gain for them?

Paranoia is a mental disorder.

How does Tommy Robinson fit into all of this? I think it unlikely that he and I hold many common views. I would have thought that obvious from my debates with dear old Gunterry in the past and with animal more recently when he proposed that all Muslims be ejected from the UK.

I hope my spelling is up to muster. I did bang this post out fairly quickly over a cup of coffee and so can’t offer any guarantees.

The same reason that they thought they would win the 2017 GE with a landslide

& BTW we aren't talking about the Labour party

Congratulations you obviously took your time in composing your post
    Not one spelling error or even a coffee stain
    Banged it out fairly quickly over a cup of coffee ....yeah right

You tell porkies Kerr you were on line for an hour
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 20-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast