+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Apparently Abbot isn’t hopeless. It’s the mainstream media up to their old tricks. I’m surprised that you didn’t pick up on that.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings Mr C but that was a Kerrism ie a p!ss take[/QUOTE]

He might be p1ss taking but believe me I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    KERR, unlike a lot on here I actually enjoy your posts because you offer a different view point to others to consider, but I do think your being a touch naughty with this as you are clearly intelligent and educated enough to realise that the moment the vote was taken to leave the Tories would have sat down and strategised.
    That strategy would have taken into account all possibilities and end results to ensure achieving what was wanted(or nearest outcome).

Now having said that you have to admit that despite people’s opinion, May and her cohorts are intelligent people and it is hard to believe that they could make such a hash of the current process.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, this was written over a bowl of porridge ��
    Interesting revelations
    There's a strategy for you
    Not quite "thought he could win " but same conceited intention

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/01/2...e-he-believed/
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-01-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Interesting revelations

Lol. How can a belief that he would fail to achieve an overall majority amount to a 'conceited intention'?

That's even dafter than your 'Tory Grandee' nonsense.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings Mr C but that was a Kerrism ie a p!ss take
    No Kerrism, Zyles. I was being deadly serious. The BBC have clearly used Antiques Roadshow to turn Bruce into a killer presenter before setting her loose on Corbett's pick for Home Secretary. Abbott didn't stand a chance.

Interesting revelations

Could have just done what Labour did and ignore the promise...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    No, I don’t think the Tories would have sat down and strategised. They are as divided as Labour when it comes to Europe, which is unsurprising given that the country is divided, as demonstrated by the 48:52% split in the referendum. Leavers have a number of different versions of what Brexit should look like and the Tories, within whom a majority favour Leave, split into a number of different factions as did the Cabinet, until May got them together at Chequers and took control of the process.

As we saw last week, many Tories do not support May’s version of Leaving and Labour simply want a General Election and will do anything to try to they get there, regardless of collateral damage to the country.

As for making a hash of the process, I’d say that May probably did the best that she could, given the divisions within her party, Parliament and the country.

I don't believe in goblins, elves or Tory Grandees.

Can’t say that I spotted any spelling mistakes, but, then again, I’m not petty enough to look. Do you make your porridge with rolled oats or do you use one of the ‘instant’ products? I love the real stuff, but is hard to make the time to prepare it
    Given every businessman in the world who wants to make changes strategises how to get there, bit hard to believe they didn’t.
    That’s not to say they deliberatly set out to fail at the outset but would have been an option.
    It’s also very hard to believe they didn’t know there agreement with EU would fail Parliament given all the turmoil going on over the subject.
    If you’re correct then we are really in trouble because it really highlights out inept the people running our country are.

I agree on the point May has an impossible job and don’t envy her for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    Could have just done what Labour did and ignore the promise...
    Agree Ik
    You'll not find me springing to the defence of the indefensible

David Cameron only promised the European referendum because he expected to be in coalition with the Lib Dems – who he thought would block the vote, Donald Tusk has claimed.

A new BBC documentary series, Inside Europe: Ten Years of Turmoil is set to reveal Mr Cameron was warned that his "stupid referendum" about Britain's EU membership could end in personal disaster.

And Mr Tusk, the serving European Council president has revealed Mr Cameron confided that he only promised the 2016 vote because he expected to be in another coalition with the Lib Dems, who would veto it.

Shower of shyte the lot of 'em
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-01-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think your post is cobblers in two ways.

Firstly, you may say that you think that the results of a further referendum should be final and you might even believe it, but, I think there would be plenty of people on both sides of the debate who would not accept the outcome if it didn’t go their way.

Secondly, I think it nonsense to suggest that people have an understanding of the issues. I have heard people say they want the Norway model – as favoured by many Labour MPs – but who, upon questioning, have no understanding of what it means (basically it involves taking the worst parts of being in and adding them to the worst parts of being out and putting them together). Labour supporters bang on about remaining in the customs union (presumably having checked in with Momentum to find out what they are supposed to think), but, again, when asked, can’t explain the implications of that.

As for Canada ++ - as favoured by some Tories - I have met only one person who can explain what that means (not bad, but probably difficult to negotiate).
    Now then KS if that doesn't put you firmly in your place I don't know what will
    You must realise that Kerr & Kerr alone has an understanding of the issues involved
    Arrogance in the extreme but he does suffer from OMD so perhaps we should show some understanding

Why are you so angry with Cameron, Exile? Whatever his reasoning, his actions resulted in the referendum, which resulted in the Leave result that you so clearly support.

Shouldn't you save being cross for Labour who seem intent upon either blocking Brexit or leaving on terms that make it hardly worth it?

Let me tell you what I think rather than you telling me what I think If you can't see what his intentions were then you're not reading the article so don't try & make his actions virtuous
    We voted over two years ago to leave & what I support is honouring that decision

I do not support anyone who opposes that decision regardless of who they are & that includes you now that you have decided where you stand after two years of fence sitting

Good news about Portugal eh?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-01-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast