+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Fu****G hell Animal are you really seriouse.
    Now he cant be resind that last minuet.
    Why wouldn't I be serious ?

One option is the deal signed off by the UK and the EU and no other deal is available or prepared to be negotiated on by the EU .

The other is clearly stated on the act passed by parliament last year .

There are no other options .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If we had another referendum [or peoples vote as it is laughingly called] & the result was still to leave what would we then do, as the same issues would still confront us or are you assuming the result would be to remain [assuming you would want remain on the ballot paper
    When will you realise that we have voted already
    You make reference to ill informed comments on this forum please advise what they are & then enlighten us all what we should know,otherwise it leaves us all uncertain what you mean
    Psssst ......... exile

Ever wondered why the big multinationals do their accounting through Luxembourg ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why wouldn't I be serious ?

One option is the deal signed off by the UK and the EU and no other deal is available or prepared to be negotiated on by the EU .

The other is clearly stated on the act passed by parliament last year .

There are no other options .

Surely Animal a no deal would be catastrophic to the country we have been trading with the EU for decades theres 1,000s of firms up and down the country that are now interlinked with the EU and trade to and fro on a daliy basis, many other firms outside the EU have made Great Britain a base to trade within the EU because its friction free. Think about the life saving drugs we inport from the EU cancer drugs for one but theres hundreds more, my wife who suffers from cancer but is on the mend was told by the farmacy whereshe gets her drugs that becouse of the uncertanty she now gets then for 2 weeks at a time and not 1 month, anyway thats my take.

Surely Animal a no deal would be catastrophic to the country we have been trading with the EU for decades theres 1,000s of firms up and down the country that are now interlinked with the EU and trade to and fro on a daliy basis, many other firms outside the EU have made Great Britain a base to trade within the EU because its friction free. Think about the life saving drugs we inport from the EU cancer drugs for one but theres hundreds more, my wife who suffers from cancer but is on the mend was told by the farmacy whereshe gets her drugs that becouse of the uncertanty she now gets then for 2 weeks at a time and not 1 month, anyway thats my take.
    I share those concerns too Mr C which is why the people in the event of a vote offered to them to break this deadlock should vote for May's deal .

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    yes i have work for many agencies i do know the crack

why should i use foodbanks i have no intrest in them but they have been around for as long as i have walked this planet and they were about during your beloved labour party years so why wont they be around way into the future we are not the only country in the world that have foodbanks.

So you say you have worked for many agencies have you
    & were you happy with the way you were "employed" & treated?
    I think you need to check your birth certificate YB as according to records Food banks were virtually unknown in the UK before 2006
    Here's a short extract

The world's first food bank was established in the US in 1967, and since then many thousands have been set up all over the world. In Europe, which until recently had little need for food banks due to extensive welfare systems, their numbers grew rapidly after the global increase in the price of food which began in late 2006, and especially after the financial crisis of 2007–08 began to worsen economic conditions for those on low incomes.

Before the financial crisis, food banks were "almost unheard of" in the UK.[42] In 2004, Trussell only ran two food banks,[43][44] but by 2007–2008, there were 22 food banks in the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network and by early 2011, The Trussell Trust supported 100. As of May 2012, they had 201. By August, 252. The rate of increase had been rising rapidly. In 2011, about one new food bank was being opened per week. In early 2012, about two were being opened each week. By July, The Trussell Trust had reported that the rate of new openings had increased to three per week. In August, the rate of new openings spiked at four per week, with three new food banks being opened in that month for Nottingham alone.
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-01-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I share those concerns too Mr C which is why the people in the event of a vote offered to them to break this deadlock should vote for May's deal .
    Im just going to say this Animal and then have done fo time being. Mays Deal was werse than stoping in.

Anyone considered that all this was part of a long term plan to not leave?
    Far fetched maybe but picture this:

May flecks about and makes a total mess of it.
    Invites cross party collaboration
    Parties don’t work together
    Proposal can’t get through Parliament
    May retracts article 50 and blames Corbyn etc for refusing to work together meaning an agreeable deal can’t be reached.

Im just going to say this Animal and then have done fo time being. Mays Deal was werse than stoping in.
    Well it was the best deal for me on account the other was crashing out on WTO terms or the possibility of having to stay in .

Not saying it was a good deal because it wasn't but that's what she managed to attain so that is that .

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post

May retracts article 50 and blames Corbyn etc for refusing to work together meaning an agreeable deal can’t be reached.
    It's certainly makes you think IK311 that this was the game plan right from the moment the referendum result came through .

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post

Pretty much agree with that Ik all planned from day 1 after result of 2016 referendum
    & I posted this last September which is a variation on your theme

Here's my take on our current position

May is a remainer at heart
    May is making a botch of things with the Tory Grandees pulling the strings
    Thatcher thought she was in control but in the end she wasn't
    May [& the nomark Gove] keep reiterating the mantra that accepting the peoples wishes must honoured
    There are forces at work promoting the idea that the people should decide on the outcome of the negotiations with the "EU" with a vote [referendum] on the outcome
    Options being
    accept the deal [whatever it is]
    accept no deal
    REMAIN
    If by this means the vote is to remain, it will be the will of the people thus absolving our politicians of any responsibility which I believe is the end game
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 17-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast