+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The meaningful vote.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's true to a point. I overdrew to buy the quantity of shares that I did.
    But you soon had enough money to clear the overdraft. Millions are in debt (above and beyond mortgage). You are wealthy compared to most.

So you were quite happy to use someone elses money to feed your gambling habit
    Oh well when the fun stops Stop

Last comment from me

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I watched her last knight and thought she handed her self well she never lied and told it as it is unlike others on the panel including the host who trid her best to bilittle her on one ocation the host said to her Corbyn will talk to Hezbollah and Hamas and not the prim-minister, Abbott just looked at her and very carmly said l thought we were talking about Brexit, but whilst ever so called Labour supporters are telling her to fuq off ect then what chance have they to get into power give me Diane Abbott any day over any of the lying rabble on the conservative side of the house . This woman gets more death threats and racist abuse than all the other members of parliment put together and yet gets voted in with one of the biggest majoritys if not the biggest in the country. That Isabel Bagshott-Smyth or what ever they call her nar there's a nasty piece of work if ever l've seen one. Not 1 answer came from the lips of Rory Stewart just giving it the old Tory bullshyte. That bloke on the end a skooil teacher I think answered with the truth and they should get more on like him.
    Corbett’s past willingness to throw his arm around the shoulders of Hezbollah, Hamas and SinnFein/IRA whilst being unwilling – as leader of the opposition – to speak to the government without preconditions seems to me a perfectly fair point. It certainly raises questions about his sense of priorities and judgement.

As for the argument over Abbott – it goes to the schism at the heart of the Labour Party. You have the London clique who run the party and adopt a more Trotskyist approach to things and think that the North needs more branches of Waitrose, organic vegetables and guacamole. They are baffled at the concept of a brass band, preferring instead, something a bit more ethnically diverse by way of entertainment. The Northern Labour Party, in the meantime, are more Stalinist in approach, and just want some wealth to be redistributed in their direction and for migrants to be kept out, just in case they are asked to share.

The difference between now and the 1920s is that it is the Trotskyists who hold the whip hand.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 19-01-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    But you soon had enough money to clear the overdraft. Millions are in debt (above and beyond mortgage). You are wealthy compared to most.
    I am. I also had a period of time on free school meals whilst attending a comprehensive school in Rotherham. Any wealth that I have was earned by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So you were quite happy to use someone elses money to feed your gambling habit
    Oh well when the fun stops Stop

Last comment from me
    I don't have a gambling habit, Exile. Where on earth did you get that from? Is it another evidenced theory? I saw an opportunity and took it. It could have gone badly wrong, in which case I would have had to sell other investments to cover the loss.

The European Regional Development Fund assists regions in need.

Agriculture has received government support since long before we joined the EU. It's necessary because the price of agricultural produce is so variable, which creates the risk that may farms would go bust during bad trading years. As the CAP favoured countries with large agricultural industries than the UK, Thatcher negotiated for and secured a rebate on our EU contributions.

Unsurprisingly, continuing domestic food production is seen as a strategic necessity. In the UK support used to be provided through 'Intervention Boards', I have little doubt support will continue into a post Brexit future (assuming Parliament doesn't succeed in preventing it).
    We are a large contributor to the European Regional Fund from our taxes.
    Having given them the money the EU bureaucrats decide where it should be spent, in which country and where and for what scheme. I haven't the numbers to hand but I am willing to guess we pay out more than we get back. Would the "North" benefit more if we just kept the taxes generated and spent them directly on our transport and regeneration ?

Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-01-2019 at 10:24 AM.

I don't have a gambling habit, Exile. Where on earth did you get that from? Is it another evidenced theory? I saw an opportunity and took it. It could have gone badly wrong, in which case I would have had to sell other investments to cover the loss.
    Yes you do have a gambling habit It's just that you call it investments
    You said you went overdrawn ie you used someone elses money to feed your habit
    "other investments" supports the gambling habit
    Even by your own admission "it's no different to having a punt at the bookies"
    You're in denial Mister
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 19-01-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We are a large contributor to the European Regional Fund from our taxes.
    Having given them the money the EU bureaucrats decide where it should be spent, in which country and where and for what scheme. I haven't the numbers to hand but I am willing to guess we pay out more than we get back. Would the "North" benefit more if we just kept the taxes generated and spent them directly on our transport and regeneration ?
    We are a net contributor to the EU, so, with all other things being equal, we would do better to retain the cash and spend it as we wish. The problem is that all other things aren't equal and the majority opinion of economists and business leaders is that the UK economy will take a substantial hit however we leave the EU. In other words, the North could end up needing more money from a smaller pot. I agree with that viewpoint, but we voted to leave and I think that must be respected

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Yes you do have a gambling habit It's just that you call it investments
    You said you went overdrawn ie you used someone elses money to feed your habit
    Even by your own admission "it's no different to having a punt at the bookies"
    You're in denial
    I though that you'd had your last word?

So your theory goes that everyone who has a punt at the bookies has gambling habit... Wow, that's extreme even for you.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast