+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalky

Chalky

Went to Formby today,just to let you know the Red squirrels are back in abundance ..Saw at least thirty and close by too.. They were taking peanuts from us.. Get yourself there ASAP..

I'm not sure if you are pulling my leg or not Alf?
    I've all but given up on seeing them now....but to have them eating from your hand

No,I'm serious mate.I have some pics ,but they won't upload.. Will try to upload them tomorrow.. They were all over the place ..

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  8.8 KB

Sorry about out the quality ,my camera is SCHITE

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  10.9 KB

I'm tempted tbh but I've been there twice already and although it's a nice place to visit I only went with one objective and that was to see the little red sods in person and both times I came back disappointed,the Isle Of Wight is supposed to have them and I've been there about a dozen times and haven't seen one yet,on the way back to the ferry there is a proper council road sign that says Beware Of Red Squirrels Crossing The Road which I think is taking the piss a bit

Chalky, you generally have to be a bit quiet and stand still for a while because they’re nervous little sods. I imagine you tramping about shouting “HERE SQUIRRELS” and playing loud music as you drive around tracking them down. Take a picnic somewhere where they’re known to be, a sit quietly for half an hour. You may get lucky.

Nah Griff,I've honestly given it a good go at seeing one,i sat about 90 minutes in a specialty made hide in the IoW for a few days and still nothing,I'm gonna give it one last throw of the dice on the spring and head over the border to Scotland,I've only been there a couple of times and it's a beautiful country so I may do a week long tour and fit in the squirrels,I will research it before going so that I'm in the right area but that's it,if I don't see one im finished with them,my mate swears that he once sat down for breakfast on the first day of his holiday in the IoW and looked out of the window and there was one sitting on a wheelie bin.just.looking at him,he's not one normally to lie but I hope that he's pulling my leg as the truth hurts more

Your loss Chalky as its only a couple of hours from where you live.. Shame really as they are back in abundance..

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Nah Griff,I've honestly given it a good go at seeing one,i sat about 90 minutes in a specialty made hide in the IoW for a few days and still nothing,I'm gonna give it one last throw of the dice on the spring and head over the border to Scotland,I've only been there a couple of times and it's a beautiful country so I may do a week long tour and fit in the squirrels,I will research it before going so that I'm in the right area but that's it,if I don't see one im finished with them,my mate swears that he once sat down for breakfast on the first day of his holiday in the IoW and looked out of the window and there was one sitting on a wheelie bin.just.looking at him,he's not one normally to lie but I hope that he's pulling my leg as the truth hurts more
    Scotland? Are you serious? IT’S FULL OF SCOTCH FOLK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast