+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Saturday

This Saturday

Conflicting feelings coming up to Saturdays game with Dundee. On one hand looking forward to a game I feel we have a slight to fair chance of winning on the day and on the other , wishing it was another league game. The last two league games have produced full points, a huge surge in confidence and a real belief that this team can be involved in the top four come the end of season. A big part of me wishes we could carry on this momentum and have another league game instead of a break in proceedings for the cup. It is what it is though and if we play ourselves slowly into this game , then there's no reason why there can't be a shock. Dundee's confidence should be a bit shaky quite a few defeats and possibly a bit ring rusty after the SPL break You never know , this could be a memorable day for our beloved football club.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 14-01-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Trying not to get carried away but it’s hard not to after our last two results.

Absolutely no reason why we can’t cause a cup upset JR.

I remember Dundee beating us 3-0 in the 3rd round of the Cup in 1972. I think the attendance was 8,500 and it might have been played in midweek?

I would rather go into this game being firm underdogs, which is what we are, rather than with any real expectations. This way this takes all the pressure off the squad creating the nothing to lose situation and relaxing the players giving them the opportunity to have a real go against their Premier League opponents on their ground. You just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Conflicting feelings coming up to Saturdays game with Dundee. On one hand looking forward to a game I feel we have a slight to fair chance of winning on the day and on the other , wishing it was another league game. The last two league games have produced full points, a huge surge in confidence and a real belief that this team can be involved in the top four come the end of season. A big part of me wishes we could carry on this momentum and have another league game instead of a break in proceedings for the cup. It is what it is though and if we play ourselves slowly into this game , then there's no reason why there can't be a shock. Dundee's confidence should be a bit shaky quite a few defeats and possibly a bit ring rusty after the SPL break You never know , this could be a memorable day for our beloved football club.
    Thinking of Queens history of playing Dundee in cup competitions, the main two were the Scottish Cup Quarter Final of 2008 and Ryan McCann's 84 yarder and a League Cup match I think over two legs when Queens ran out winners convincingly when Gordon Strachan didn't know where Dumfries was.

I think a break in the league away to a struggling Scottish Premiership team should give Queens an idea how they may fair at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Thinking of Queens history of playing Dundee in cup competitions, the main two were the Scottish Cup Quarter Final of 2008 and Ryan McCann's 84 yarder and a League Cup match I think over two legs when Queens ran out winners convincingly when Gordon Strachan didn't know where Dumfries was.

I think a break in the league away to a struggling Scottish Premiership team should give Queens an idea how they may fair at a higher level.
    In case Gordon Strachan still doesn't know where he was, I can reliably inform him he spent the evening in Iain McChesney's back pocket !!

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    In case Gordon Strachan still doesn't know where he was, I can reliably inform him he spent the evening in Iain McChesney's back pocket !!
    Wee Strachan has never forgotten Chopper Dickson following that and other encounters either. Was there not a 6-0 Queens victory towards the later end of the 1970's against Dundee which may have been a league cup encounter where Reid scored a few?

Time to watch this goal yet again. One of my all time favourite Queens goals.

https://youtu.be/39eBnGWUq2w

Cracker

Hopefully Stephen Dobbie can lead us to victory and score again in the Scottish Cup v Dundee like he did back in 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)