+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ogren Arabzone Interview

Read update from fan meeting all seems to have went well.

Would be good though if people understood that just because there is a loan secured against Tannadice it DOES NOT mean we don't own it. We still do own it as long we make the agreed payments. Like your mortgage on a house. You own it as long as you pay the bank.

We sold Gussie to Martin but Tannadice was never sold to Hugh Duncan. It's a secured loan.

But today has been really positive I feel.

Ogren comes across very very very well I think. Frankly can't see a better first impression really from an owner with no ties to the club with who intends to be a hand-off owner.

Ogren said in interview that ground sharing made no sense as part of the asset they purchased was tannadice which is a big asset to them.

I take from this that Tannadice is no longer used as security against a loan?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Read update from fan meeting all seems to have went well.

Would be good though if people understood that just because there is a loan secured against Tannadice it DOES NOT mean we don't own it. We still do own it as long we make the agreed payments. Like your mortgage on a house. You own it as long as you pay the bank.

We sold Gussie to Martin but Tannadice was never sold to Hugh Duncan. It's a secured loan.

But today has been really positive I feel.

Ogren comes across very very very well I think. Frankly can't see a better first impression really from an owner with no ties to the club with who intends to be a hand-off owner.
    agree with all points, them oor the road will still think its not our ground, even though theyve been renting the loft for f uck knows how long now!

Anyone feel it? The whole mood is changing. And i bet the pies are better soon too

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Anyone feel it? The whole mood is changing. And i bet the pies are better soon too
    Bring back Nichols

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Bring back Nichols
    I agree wholeheartedly. The chap wasn't given a fair chance during his time with us. I remember he could've scored once. Okay the ball went high over the bar from 25 yards or so out, but it could've taken a deflection. There were four or five defenders between him and the goal. If only we had given him a proper contract?

Listening to him and the MD, everything seems to be a lot more professional. It’ll take a wee while but I think that vibe will translate to the pitch (especially with Robbie there too). I’m really happy at this point and think we have the beginnings of a good infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Ogren said in interview that ground sharing made no sense as part of the asset they purchased was tannadice which is a big asset to them.

I take from this that Tannadice is no longer used as security against a loan?
    One of the reasons they bought United is because of the assets that is Tannadice. Owned by Dundee United.

Tannadice is still security against a loan but we still own it. The only time we stop owning Tannadice if we default and Hugh Duncan acts on the default. It's just the same as remortgaging your house. You still own it as long as you meet the payments.

We have never not owned Tannadice even with money borrowed against it.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    One of the reasons they bought United is because of the assets that is Tannadice. Owned by Dundee United.

Tannadice is still security against a loan but we still own it. The only time we stop owning Tannadice if we default and Hugh Duncan acts on the default. It's just the same as remortgaging your house. You still own it as long as you meet the payments.

We have never not owned Tannadice even with money borrowed against it.
    Seen your man's interview on TV...as the new owner of the club how is Tannadice an asset to him..what I mean is whatever Tannadice is worth it's not like a player who you can sell and replace...unless he is planning to sell I can't see why he would say that.

I understood that as: why would we go into a groundhsare when we have a stadium like Tannadice?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)